Ch. 2 - Baby steps

(A/n: I honestly can't believe this story is already almost past 2k reads! You people are crazy, thank you all so much for the love and support this early in the story, I really appreciate it! Anyways, here's chapter 2! Hope you enjoy!)

~~~~❤️~~~~

((Y/n)'s P.O.V)

Bubba Bubbaphant lead me through the various twists and turns and heights and drops of the trash compactor as we tried to find a way out, the giant plush keeping a close eye on me and making sure I was safe, kinda acting like some sort of concerned parent. It was kind of comforting, in a good way I mean. While exploring with him, I started to piece together that Bubba is a pretty smart guy. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he's an elephant? I guess that could be another reason why the big guy has a lightbulb tag on his zipper, it could be a way to signify intelligence.

Anyway, we continued going on our way and we made it above the trash compactor room. I was so thankful to get away from all this...crap. The smells down here were GOD AWFUL!!

There were also a few points that I ended up seeing more of those classic writings on the walls, one of them for example reading: 'Help'. I also saw claw marks and blood (something that I find commonly down here) in the spots where the writing was. To say that didn't send a chill down my spine would be a lie. What exactly left those claw marks? I was really hoping that I would never find out, but I probably was going to anyway and that was not helping me calm down in the slightest.

We kept going until we stopped in this very room. Bubba put a foot under his chin in thought.

Bubba: Hmm...There should be a staircase that leads to the upper levels around here somewhere...

When he said that, I remembered that I had noticed a door we never opened earlier. I decided to go see if there was anything useful. When I started walking over to it, Bubba turned in my direction.

Bubba: (Y/n), where are you going?

He followed me and I made it to the door I saw. I twisted the knob and realized it was locked.

(Y/n)'s thoughts: Of course, why am I not surprised?

I was about to give up and leave it at that but then it dawned on me that this place was really old. Maybe the door was old and weak enough to kick it down and break the lock.

(Y/n)'s thoughts: No harm in trying.

I backed up a bit and, with all the strength I could muster, I kicked at the door repeatedly with all my might. Bubba flinched at my sudden actions.

Bubba: (Y/n), I really don't think you should be...

(Y/n): *Grunt!!*

*KICK!!!*

The door suddenly gave in and flew open. Bubba flinched at this but I didn't really care because, to my pleasure, i found the staircase that he was mentioning. I turned to my new friend, who was slightly shocked by what I did, and smiled.

(Y/n): Found them! *Smiles innocently*

Bubba: Huh, I guess that works...

Bubba's face then went from shocked to scolding really fast.

Bubba: (Y/n), you could've hurt your foot trying to do that. Please try to be a bit more careful down here, bud.

(Y/n): I'm fine, Bubba. It's just a door.

Bubba: Still, you should at least try to be a bit more quiet. You don't know what kind of things are down here.

(Y/n): *Shrugs* I've already had a bit of a taste of what's down here, you're a little late on that front, pal. After you, good sir.