Preface

Welcome to my ONC story for 2024!

This year I've decided to try writing in the dark romance / paranormal genres, which I have never written in before, so once again I'm pretty nervous. I'm also writing in first-person POV for the second time. As I normally write in third-person, please bear with me and try to be forgiving of my mistakes, although having said that, I still absolutely welcome constructive criticism. I'm sure I'll need the help, lol.

The very best of luck to everyone, and I hope that you enjoy this story ❤️

Selected prompts -
Main prompts 27, 35 and 44

5. Horror is in the eye of the beholder.

27. Sometimes love is what drives you to take your next breath. Other times, it's revenge.

35. Red is the colour of love, Dark Red is the colour of love gone wrong. The darker the shade, the darker the stakes.

44. "You're like snow. Beautiful but cold."

95. "I will become as monstrous as I must."

Description -

Wren, once a young woman consumed by passion, fell in love with a lord of sin. His promises were as beautiful as his visage, and his touch as sinful as his very nature. Yet after courting her and taking all that she had to give, he stole her soulful heart. Through a forceful ritual, exchanging her pure essence for true immortality. Not content with simply casting her aside later on, he forever changes her nature as she becomes his bound thrall.

Having been tormented and toyed with by him for his own personal amusement, he has no intension of letting her slip from his grasp. Yet, Wren, refuses to yield, until she meets another that shows her how to play a deadly game with an artful elegance. Both love and revenge lie buried deeply within her, but finding a path between risks losing herself to either side.

Warning ⚠️

There will be descriptions of violence, death, killing and suffering as well as torture and torment, along with some intimate scenes (in passing). Nothing too dark though, but hopefully just dark enough! 😏

Thieves beware

Please do not copy or steal any part of my story. It is a result of hard work and imagination, and I will not react kindly to it being taken, in any way, shape or form.