PART 4

GUYS, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.

WE HAVE GOTTEN TO THE LAST PART. AHHHHHHH!!!! 

What celebratory dance should I do? I can do The Hustle, The Macarena, or The Floss.

Actually, cross that last one out, I CANNOT do that. XDDD   

Also, if I make any mistakes, pls tell me, I wrote this in a hurry:)

Love y'all!❤️🤗

                                        ~~~At The Hated Hotdog Stand~~~

Hazel sat down at the table where she had met Branch, waiting anxiously for him to meet her. She checked her watch for the fiftieth time since she sat down, swung her legs, and looked around eagerly.

Nope. Not here yet.

"Please come, please come, please come." She squeezed her eyes shut and wished with all of her heart.

"I'm here!!!" Branch ran toward her, and plopped onto the chair across from her, gasping.

"Oh, thank goodness!!" She looked at him, her face filled with relief. "You're so late, I was beginning to think you maybe weren't coming!"

Branch raised an eyebrow and checked his watch. "I'm two minutes late."

"Just like I said!!" Hazel gestured to an employee. "So, this date should be easy. Just pretend that you're the guy I am going out with."

"Uhh, I haven't met him, though. How am I supposed to act like him?" Branch shifted in his seat awkwardly.

"Easy. Just act the way you think he should act whenever I do something," Hazel replied simply.

"Wait, what--?"

The employee came over. "Are you trolls ready to order?" 

"Yes, a chili dog for me, please. Just, easy on the chili, I'm trying to get food into my system, not puke some more out." 

Branch winced in disgust.

Hazel turned to Branch. "What would you like for dinner, dearest?" And she flashed a smile in his direction.

"Umm, anything that isn't a hotdog..." Branch leaned back as far he could, trying to avoid looking into her face.

"But this is a hotdog stand, sir. We only serve--" the employee began.

"YOU HEARD WHAT MY MISTER SAID!!" Hazel shrieked. "OBEY YOUR COSTUMER AND GO GET HIM A NON-HOTDOG!!"

The employee jumped and rushed back into the building.

"Okay, Hazel. Maybe we should-- calm down a bit," Branch suggested lightly.

"Sorry," she apologized. Then she fiddled with her fingers. "Were you calm on your first date?"

Branch flushed, remembering. He had actually been the exact opposite of calm, honestly. He had been a sweating, nervous wreck that day.

Thankfully, Poppy had been sweet enough not to say anything and even helped him calm down a bit.

But not like he was gonna tell anyone that!

"Of course," he answered angelically. 

She looked up at him. "That's a lie."

He sighed. "Yeah." Then he looked straight at her again. "But it doesn't have to be the same way with you. Just, I don't know, start with something chill. Get to know him."