Unexpected Encounters

Kim Taehyung stood at the entrance of the university cafeteria, scanning the crowd for his next target. His eyes landed on Jeon Jungkook, a new transfer student who seemed to be keeping to himself. Taehyung's friends had urged him to tease Jungkook, but as he watched the timid boy, something inside him hesitated.

Approaching Jungkook's table, Taehyung put on a friendly smile. "Hey there, newbie. Mind if I join you?"

Jungkook looked up, surprise evident in his eyes. "Um, sure."

As Taehyung sat down, he tried to strike up a conversation. "So, what do you think of our lovely university so far?"

Jungkook shrugged, avoiding eye contact. "It's okay, I guess."

Taehyung sensed the discomfort but pressed on. "You know, you seem pretty cool. We should hang out sometime."

Jungkook tensed, clearly not expecting the invitation. "I-I don't know..."

Before Taehyung could say anything else, one of his friends approached with a mischievous grin. "Hey, Tae, why don't you show our new friend here how we do things around here?"

Taehyung hesitated, but the pressure from his friends was too much to ignore. "Um, sure." Turning to Jungkook, he forced a laugh. "You know, you kinda give off a vibe... like you might be into guys or something."

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock, and without a word, he stood up and hurriedly left the cafeteria.

Taehyung's heart sank as he watched Jungkook go. What had he done?

☆☆☆ Guilt and Regret☆☆☆

For the next week, Jungkook avoided coming to university altogether. Taehyung couldn't shake the guilt that weighed heavily on him. He had never intended to hurt Jungkook, but his actions had driven the shy boy away.

Unable to bear the guilt any longer, Taehyung made a decision. He would find Jungkook and make things right.

Sneaking out of his dorm late one evening, Taehyung made his way to Jungkook's neighborhood. As he approached the house, he heard raised voices coming from inside.

Curiosity and concern spurred him forward, and he cautiously made his way to the window. Peering inside, he saw Jungkook's parents engaged in a heated argument.

But what caught his attention most was the sound of sobbing coming from the closet. Taehyung's heart clenched at the sight of Jungkook curled up in a ball, tears streaming down his face.

Without hesitation, Taehyung pushed open the closet door and wrapped Jungkook in a tight embrace. "Hey, it's okay. I'm here."

Jungkook's sobs only seemed to intensify as he buried his face in Taehyung's chest. "I-I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

Taehyung held him close, whispering words of comfort until Jungkook's tears finally subsided. It was then that Taehyung realized just how much pain Jungkook had been hiding.

☆☆☆Bonds of Friendship☆☆☆

In the days that followed, Taehyung made it his mission to be there for Jungkook. He listened as Jungkook opened up about his struggles at home and his fear of being judged at school.

Slowly but surely, a bond began to form between them. Taehyung found himself drawn to Jungkook's quiet strength and resilience, while Jungkook found solace in Taehyung's unwavering support.

Together, they faced the challenges of university life, leaning on each other every step of the way. Taehyung's friends were surprised by the change in him, but he didn't care. Jungkook had become his priority, and he would do whatever it took to protect him.

As for Jungkook, he finally felt like he had found someone who truly understood him. With Taehyung by his side, he no longer felt alone in the world.

And so, amidst the chaos of university life, an unlikely friendship blossomed, proving that sometimes, the people we least expect can become our greatest allies.