3

"Hey." Six said, leaning over Five, who had just woken up.

"What happened?" Five asked.

"We lost gravity for a few seconds there, when it came back on we all took a tumble, you hit your head on the way down."

"I did?" She asked.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her, standing by her side.

"I think I'm fine." Five said, sitting up.

"Woah, take it slow." I said quickly, assisting her while she sat up.

The others argued about who attacked us, while I examined Fives head. There didn't seem to be a lump so I figured she'd be okay.

"Just be careful, tell me if you have any headaches." I said quietly, so I didn't interrupt the others. I handed her a couple of pills just in case.

"Thank you." She gave me a grateful smile, which I returned.

I listened back into the conversation to hear that Android managed to retrieve data relating to our destination.

"We should be arriving in less than 12 hours." She said.

...

I made my way back to the storage part of the ship we were in earlier.

"Everybody pick a room and get some rest, we'll be dropping out in 10 hours." Two said through the comms.

I opened up the locker from earlier, grabbing the metal box that had caught my interest. I piled all the clothes from my section on top of it and left to find a room.

I picked one in the farthest corner of the ship, away from everyone else.

Entering the first code that came into my mind, I locked the door behind me. I placed the items down on my bed and started to sort through it.

I hung all the clothes up in my closet, then moving on to the strange metal box.

I stared at the lock for a few seconds before pulling a bobby pin out of my hair. I inserted it into the lock and started to move it around instinctively. I'm not sure how I knew how to do it, I just did. A few seconds later the lock popped open and I opened the box up.

There were an assortment of items inside and I pulled them out one by one.

The first thing I looked at was a small key. Upon further inspection I found that it looked old and antique. It had an intricate design carved into it, but I had no idea was it was for. I placed the key in my bedside drawer, turning my focus back to the box.

The next thing I pulled out was a small jewellery box. I pulled it out and noticed that it had the initials A.T. engraved on it. I popped it open and found rings, earring and a necklace inside.

Without thinking too much about it, I pulled out the four rings and slid them onto different fingers. I just naturally knew where they went. The same thing happened with the earrings. I put them on different spots on my ear, finding that I had a lot of piercings.

I pulled out the necklace last, taking a closer look at the two charm hanging from the chain. The first one was a tiny snow globe, I was unsure of its significance so I moved on to the next charm. It was a silver heart with the word 'girlfriend' engraved into one side. I furrowed my brow, flipping it over to read what was on the other side. I had to squint to see it, 'you will always be in my heart' I smiled at the sweet message. I didn't know whose girlfriend I was but I hooked the chain around my neck nonetheless.

The last thing in the box was a letter. The envelope read the word 'princess' in messy writing. I was tempted to read it, but I thought it might be a violation of privacy, so instead I set it down it my drawer with the jewellery box and the key.

I realised that I had no idea what I looked like. I got up and walked towards the small bathroom connected to my quarters. In the mirror a pair of bright amber eyes stared back at me. Wavy dark brown hair framed my face, but I found I was focussed on something else. My face held three long scars, one on my cheekbone, one on my forehead and one down my jawline. I stared at them for a while, speculating what could have caused them.

After a while I was starting to feel exhausted from the days events, so I decided to get some rest. I lay on top of the comforter, quickly succumbing to sleep.