4

I woke to the sound of knocking at my door. I forced myself to get out of bed and unlock the door. Two was standing there, waiting.

"Umm, morning?" I said awkwardly.

"We are entering orbit, thought I'd wake everyone up." She explained.

"Oh ok, thanks." I said. We stood there for a moment before she left and I closed the door to get changed.

I picked out a long sleeved maroon crop top and a pair of camo cargo pants.

I pulled my long hair up into a messy ponytail, then leaving to meet everyone at the shuttle.

It turns out Five and Two were staying behind, but I decided to go with the others down to the planet.

Two walked out of the shuttle, and all the guys stared at her ass as she left. I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"This ship have a name?" Six asked Android.

"It's a Phantom Class Marauder."

"Marauder. Nice."

We took flight, making our way towards the surface of the planet.

Three pulled out a huge gun next to me.

"That really necessary?" I asked him.

"There is no reason to assume the inhabitants will be hostile." Android said.

"No reason to assume they won't be." Three replied, loading the gun.

...

We walked into an old building, guns at the ready.

"Remember, we are just looking for answers. We aren't here to cause trouble." One said.

"That's far enough!" A voice came from deeper in the warehouse.

I heard guns load all around us as more people came into view.

"Remind me to tell that robot I told you so." Three said and I had to fight the urge to tell him to shut up.

An older looking man stepped out. "Who are you? Why are you here?" He questioned, he seemed to be the leader.

"Yeah I was afraid that question might come up." One said.

"They aren't corporate guard, they could be Rothgaars people." A younger girl said next to him.

"Did Rothgaar send you?" The old man asked.

"Maybe." Six said looking at the rest of us.

I gave him a small shrug.

"We didn't come here to hurt anyone. Or get hurt." One said

"Emphasis on that last part." I chipped in.

"So why don't we just lower our weapons." One lowered his gun and we all looked at him like he was crazy.

The strangers lowered their guns too.

"All of us." One said.

I hesitantly put my gun back in its holster.

...

We were talking to three of the miners who seemed to be in charge.

Three had lied about us being attacked by raiders and we all gave him a look.

"Well you're welcome to resupply and help yourself to whatever you need, but then you best be off." The young girl said.

"Why's that?" Six asked.

"We're expecting trouble." Their leader said.

"This is and independent colony. We pull enough terrium out of the ground to get by but we've never been of interest to the big multi corps." Another middle aged woman said. "That is until now."