ROMANCE SUBGENRE [Erotica]

Erotica revolves around sexual relationships and is often characterized by explicit depictions of sexual encounters. Unlike romance novels, erotica may not necessarily focus on a central romantic relationship as a key theme, but instead emphasizes the physical and emotional aspects of sexual attraction and desire. While some erotica novels may include a romantic storyline, the central focus is on the explicit and sensual nature of sexual encounters.

NOTE: If you choose to include steamy or graphic sex scenes in your Wattpad story, be sure to read through Wattpad's before posting chapters with this type of content. You can also find helpful tips for writing mature content in this guide published on our WattpadAfterDark profile:

❤️ Sample blurb of an erotic romance novel: Story of O by Pauline Reage. The notorious novel of dark obsession asks how far a woman will go to express her love. The answer emerges through a daring exploration of the deepest bonds of sensual domination. "O" is a beautiful Parisian fashion photographer, determined to understand and prove her consuming devotion to her lover, René, through complete submission to his every desire. O's forbidden, often dangerous choices, sweep her through the secret gardens of the sexual underground. From the inner sanctum of a private club where willing women are schooled in the art of subjugation to the excruciating embraces of René's friend Sir Stephen, O tests the outermost limits of pleasure.