thirty

'Mittens? No not here. Mittens?' I've been looking for Mittens for an hour now and she is nowhere to be seen. I fall backwards on my bed, sighing loudly.

'Have you seriously lost your cat?' Draco asked sitting down next to me.

'Well it's a big house and Mittens is a small cat.' I say defensively.

'Of course.' Draco says, 'The others should be here soon.'

I sit up and nod. 'I need to find Mittens quickly then.'

I get up and hurry down the stairs, making my way into the living room. 'Mittens? Come on out.'

I hear a meow and Mittens darts across the room and out of the living room. 'Oh merlin help.' I whisper, rushing out after her.

I hear voices talking as I rush out to where the front door is.

'Mittens is so cute.' Pansy.

'You caught her.' I say, walking up to them all.

'Can't handle your own cat can you. You lose her, can't catch her.' Draco says. I slap the back of his head and take Mittens out of Pansy arms.

'Shut up ferret.'

'That the best you got?'

'You two are children.' Blaise says, breaking up the little fight.

'Shh.' I say, placing down Mittens, 'Come on lets go drink some fire whiskey.'

✧ ✧ ✧

'Should we play truth or drink?' I say. We were all tipsy from drinking and slightly bored.

'Yeah.' Pansy said, 'Draco have you done it with Potter?'

Draco's face turned red and sipped his drink.

'That's disgusting. I did not need to know that.' I say.

'Blaise have you ever cheated on a test?' Draco asked.

'Boring.' Blaise said, 'Yes I have.'

'You could have come up with something more interesting Draco.' Pansy laughed. Draco rolled his eyes, leaning back in his chair.

'Ok, uh.' Blaise started, 'Mattheo whats the last message you sent.'

Mattheo grabbed his phone and looked. His eyes widened and he glanced over to Theo. 'I think Theo would kill me if I said.' Mattheo picked up his drink, taking a sip.

Theo looked confused for a minute before his eyes widened and he started shaking his head. 'No, no, no. Don't say a thing.'

'Anyway. Ems have you ever had a crush on a teacher at your school?' My eyes widened at Mattheo's question and I could feel my cheek warm up.

I took a sip of my drink and shrugged.

'Emersyn?' Draco yelled out, 'Don't tell me it was that charms professor.'

I shrugged, a smirk on my face. 'What can I say, he was good looking. And his accent was so dreamy.'

'Why can't any teachers at hogwarts be hot?' Pansy said, picking up Mittens and putting her on her lap.

I laughed, 'Should have come to beauxbatons. Anyway, Theo, do you like anyone right now?'

Theo nodded his head, a smile creeping onto his face.

'Oh who?' I say, eyebrows raised.

'Can't ask more than one question Emmy.' He said, nudging his shoulder into mine.

✧ ✧ ✧

We had continued playing for half an hour and we were running out of questions. Blaise had also almost set the living room on fire which we took as a sign to stop.

'I'm hungry.' I say, getting up from my chair. 'Theo will you come and help me with the food?'

'Yeah sure.' He said, following after me.

I walked into the kitchen opening the cupboard to get some plates out.

'Why do these plates have to be so high up?' I say, stretching my arm up.

'Let me help.' Theo said. He walked up behind me, his chest pressed up against my back. His hand gently touched my hip so he could balance himself.

I froze at the sudden contact, my heart was racing in my chest. I did not expect him to be that close.

I could hear his soft breathing next to my ear. His other hand reached up and pulled out six plates. He set them down on the counter next to us.

I expected him to move away but he didn't.

I slowly turned around to face him, my eyes meeting his.

His lips parted as if he was about to say something but someone walked in.

'Draco wants you to- oh shit sorry guys. Uh carry on, I wasn't here.'

Theo backed away from me, turning to find the source of the interruption.

Mattheo.

'Really Mattheo?' Theo said, I could see the glare on his face.

'I'm sorry. You can continue. I was never here.' Mattheo said, rushing out the kitchen as quickly as he could.

After a second, Theo silently picked up the plates and followed Mattheo out of the room.

What the hell just happened?

a/n: THANKS FOR 10K READS!!
my friend group is such a mess rn 😋

a/n: THANKS FOR 10K READS!! my friend group is such a mess rn 😋