Chapter IV

WHEN SHE'S A BLESSING BUT SHE'S ALSO THE CURSE ON THEM.

Morning

They had made some mistakes, but they didn't regret them. They were too beautiful to erase from their memories. If they could turn back time, they would do it all over again.

Grayson pulled Isla closer to his chest, feeling her heartbeat against his.
"We're leaving. Even if you say no. I can't let you go. Not now, when I've finally got you back." He couldn't believe she was here with him, after all this time. He brushed his lips against her forehead, savoring her scent and warmth. He didn't want to let her go, ever.

He smiled as she opened her eyes, blinking sleepily. He stroked her cheek and whispered in her ear, "Good morning, beautiful." This feeling... He already knew it. He had known it all along, even before he said the words. "Clover, I love you."

Isla stirred, opening her eyes to meet his. She smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. She knew what he meant, but she also knew what he had to do. She was his target, and he was her hunter. They were playing a dangerous game, and they both knew it.

"Good morning," she said, her voice cracking with sadness. She snuggled closer to him, feeling his heartbeat against her chest. She wanted to savor this moment, this feeling of being loved and protected. She knew it wouldn't last. "Grayson, I love you too."

She felt him tense, his grip on her tightening. He knew she wasn't lying, but he didn't want to admit it. He wanted to believe her, to trust her, to forget everything else. He wanted to make her his, and only his. But he couldn't. Not until they were out of here.

He kissed her again, his tongue exploring her mouth this time. He moved his hand to her breast, squeezing it gently. He felt her respond, her nipple hardening under his touch. Isla gripped his shoulder and pushed him enough to make him see her eye to eye. "You... you still have to catch me."

"Yes, that's true," Grayson responded with a tight smile, but he moved lower, kissing her neck, biting in the process.

"Nnggh.. What I was saying..." Her voice trailed off, unable to finish her sentence. She looked away from his eyes, hiding her true feelings.

"By the way, how many times did we do it last night?" Isla asked, forcing a playful tone and a fake smile. She hoped he wouldn't notice the pain in her eyes.

Grayson smiled back, but it didn't reach his eyes. He knew she was trying to distract him from the inevitable. He sighed and pulled her closer, kissing her softly. "You're terrible..." he murmured against her lips, his voice low and husky.

He shook his head, feeling a surge of heat in his body. "Uh... I... don't think I can count. That's how many times we did it..."

"Four?" Isla asked, her voice teasing. She wanted this conversation to go as long as it could. She snuggled closer to him, feeling his warm breath on her neck.

"Yeah... It was more." He said, trying to flirt back. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight. "I just don't know how many times."

Isla smirked. "Was it ten? Fifteen? Or perhaps..." She raised her eyebrows, pretending to be scandalized.

"Clover, you're just picking random numbers, aren't you?" Grayson laughed, his eyes sparkling. He leaned in and slowly caressed her cheek with his thumb. "I mean, the answer is probably a lot more than that." He winked, his voice low and seductive.

Then he sat up in bed, his hair tousled, and it was evident that he was in no hurry to leave her side. He looked down at her, his expression serious. "Do you like me, Clover?" He asked, his face full of affection and happiness. He caged her with his body as he admired her beautifully crafted lips.