Chapter XIII

GRAYSON

GRAYSON

Infatuation

It's like a star that burns too brightly, captivating and consuming. Reality blurs, and all that exists is the object of your desire, shining with an irresistible allure that's impossible to ignore. It's not the deep anchor of love but the wild storm that rages before calm seas, powerful and all-consuming in its moment.

Yet, I feel a passion. This burning passion, this intense connection we have-it's love. It's nothing like infatuation. It's a magnetic pull, undeniable and strong. It's a flame that burns with a brilliant intensity, illuminating the night.

But I had thought she felt it too. She definitely did. But when I asked her if we'll meet again, she smiled and left. No number, no date, nothing. She had decided to make me hers. But how could I be hers when she's not here to make her claim? I'm more like an abandoned rose in a withering garden-a garden no one cares about.

I'm caught in my feelings for her, like a rose that shouldn't grow but does. I guess ours is a love that demands much but gives little, and she isn't even here to make her demands.

I swirl my wine, watching the red dance in a way that mirrors my inner feelings. With one hand supporting my head like a pillow on the hammock, the view is amazing-the beach, the sand, the sound of the water. But my thoughts are all consumed by her. Mia.

Coming to Japan wasn't a bad idea after all. Or should I say, coming to Takarajima wasn't a bad idea after all.

Nestled in the Pacific, Takarajima is considered the first party artificial island of its kind. With its gorgeous landscapes and state-of-the-art facilities, it's the ultimate go-to for adventurers around the world.

The island is divided into zones, each reflecting a different era of Japanese history, from the samurai period to the Edo era. The island is made for one purpose: treasure hunting. The treasure hunts are not just a test of physical prowess but also of wit and knowledge, with riddles rooted in Japanese folklore and history.

At the heart of Takarajima lies the amusement park, the place I met Mia for the first time. Even though she disappeared quickly after, I thought I'd at least be able to meet her at the Lodge. The only lodge on the island, adjacent to the park, the Grand Takara.

But she had vanished into thin air somehow. Nowhere to be seen. Since Lola left two days ago, my days have been too monotonous. Rodrigo, the jackass, has been doing nothing but going skinny dipping with the dozens of girls he invited during his last trip. The most annoying part? He has booked the entire VVIP lodge area, so I'm not able to keep an eye on him closer.