III

♪♫ Jise chaha tune sach mein kitna chaha,

Kabhi apna bhi tu le le imtehaan,

Itni si bhi khudgarzi tujh mein na ho,

Tabhi ishq nibha payega tu beinteha

Gal sun le aa, gal sun le aa,

Ve kamleya mere nadaaan dil...♪♫

__________________________

It has been a week since their conversation and everything has been going smoothly, to say the least.

Adira was sleeping when she got disturbed by the sheer pain in her lower abdomen. She looked around the room to see Viaan sleeping uncomfortably on the couch. She got up and went to the bathroom while holding her stomach.

She almost cried in pain by knowing that she had gotten her periods. She had always had painful periods with stomach and leg cramps, back pain, nausea, headache, and much more.

She came back and lay on the bed after changing her clothes. Suddenly a cramp hit her lower abdomen making her tightly clutch her stomach and turn on her side while pulling her knees to her chest to relieve some pain. The pain felt so unbearable to her.

She was getting frustrated for not finding a comfortable position to lie in and she weirdly found herself getting angry looking at Viaan who was sleeping soundly. As she turned to the other side, a cry escaped her, making her eyes squeeze shut.

"Adira?" she heard Viaan's voice as she whimpered in pain, "Are you hurt somewhere?"

She saw him kneeling down on the floor in front of her, on the side of the bed; panicked. She took a deep breath, "I'm fine. You should sleep."

"You are clearly not fine. What happened? You can tell me."

She was tired and felt frustrated and her mood swings didn't help either. "Listen, it's just periods. I'm fine."

"Oh! Umm...." He stuttered and speed walked out of the room.

Adira sighed and turned on her back, hands still clutching on her stomach. "Great! Now, I've scared him away."

After some time, she felt a hand touching hers. She opened her eyes only to see Viaan with a concerned look and a hot water bag in hand.

"I would never leave you when you're in pain. You're not getting rid of me that easy. In fact, you're never getting rid of me."

He placed the bag on her lower abdomen and she sighed in relief.

"Is it paining somewhere else too? Do you need something else?" He asked and added, "I can get you whatever you like."

"I don't need anything else but—" she hesitated as she was not used to asking people for help.

"But?"

"I have a headache." She left it at that and let Viaan figure out the rest.

"Oh!" the realization dawned on him. He stood up, sat beside her head, and asked her to put her head on his lap. After she complied to him, he started massaging her head and soon she slipped into a deep slumber.

⪡▪⪢

The next time Adira woke up, she was greeted by the sight of a sleeping Viaan. She noticed her head was still in his lap and one of his hands was in her hair while the other was on her shoulder.