Chapter Two: The Call of Chaos part 2

Dylan and I step into the council chambers, a spacious, well-furnished room adorned with banners and student artwork. The other council members are gathered around a large table, with papers and notebooks in front of them. Principal Gordon and another gentleman, perhaps from the Department of Education or a representative of the Fisher family, stand at the head of the table, ready to start the meeting.

"Hello everyone. Thank you for joining us today for our student council meeting. We're honored to have a special guest, Mr. Lewis, the new representative of the Fisher family," Mr. Gordon announces.

Oh, I nearly forgot about the tradition of the Fisher family rotating their representatives annually. This gentleman usually attends three times during the school year, and today marks the first visit since the school term commenced.

"Hello, all members of the student council. My name is Andrien Lewis, and I serve as the liaison between the school and the Fisher family," Mr. Lewis addresses the group.

"I'd like each of you to introduce yourselves," he continues.

[Principal Gordon gestures to the council members to introduce themselves.]

"My name is Ashley, and I'm a 10th grader. I have a passion for community service and volunteer opportunities. I strongly believe in giving back to our community," she shares.

"I'm Cameron, an 11th grader. Sports are my passion, and I enjoy fostering school spirit through athletic events and competitions," Cameron adds.

"I'm Aubrey, also an 11th grader. Raising awareness about mental health and advocating for student well-being are my driving passions," Aubrey explains.

"I'm Logan, a 10th grader. I'm deeply interested in technology and innovation, believing that integrating tech into our education enhances learning," Logan contributes.

"I'm Alexis, an 11th grade. Diversity and inclusion initiatives are close to my heart. I strive to create a welcoming environment for all students," Alexis shares.

"I'm Berlin, a 9th grader. I'm intrigued by cultural exchange programs and building connections with students from around the globe," Berlin introduces himself.

"I'm Evan, also a 9th grade. My focus is on academic excellence, ensuring that all students have access to the resources they need for success," Evan states.

"The three at the back don't need to introduce themselves; they're well-known," Mr. Lewis interjects.

"Yes, especially the two clowns at the end of the table," Mr. Gordon adds with a chuckle.

Dylan, Chloée, and I hold a unique distinction in Fisher's history. We've each served on the student council three times and been its head twice.

"I've heard much about Mrs Chloée Fletcher, your brilliant president, and her two former presidents, Jay Wali and Dylan Scott," Mr. Lewis remarks.

"Mr. Lewis, Miss Fletcher would like to discuss the Valleybridge event happening this Friday evening. I'll leave the floor to you, Mrs. Fletcher," Mr. Gordon says.

Chloée stands up and begins her speech.

"Thank you, Mr. Gordon, Mr. Lewis, and dear council members. The Valleybridge dinner occurs annually, fostering an exchange between student councils across the province," she begins.

"It's an opportunity for us to connect and share knowledge. This afternoon, Dylan, Jay and I will visit the room to ensure our reserved space is prepared," Chloée informs.

"Very well, Mrs. Fletcher. This meeting served as a chance for us to acquaint ourselves with the new council members. I'm delighted to have met all of you today, dear council members," Mr. Lewis concludes.