The Past 2

The three of us stroll through the garden, and I find myself between the two twins.

"Jay, I think you know that Chloée's parents are dead" Nico begins.

"Yes, she told me" I answer.

"But do you know the details of their deaths? Sarah asks me.

"No" I answer.

"Of course, he doesn't know," Nico said.  

"Okay, that's what we'd like to discuss," Sarah said. 

"Chloée's parents were great chemists, they worked for Kicko Inc. a company owned by three great families Scott, Cambell, and the Zenins.." said Nico.

"The company manufactures medicines and chemical weapons, it is still a big company until now, but after the boom clip incident, the company was weakened," Sarah said.

"What's the boom clip incident? " I ask.

"Chloée's parents had three labs, one of them, working on a drug that was supposed to cure neurological problems that destroy people's brains," Sarah says

"The product is called J.O.L (Joy of Life). It's a great success. The company sold the product very well for months, but afterward, the Flesher couple wanted to leave the company to go work with an American company that offered them more "social and financial advantage," says Nico.

"The Kicko company does not pay the Fleshers well for the revenue they generate with their creation and they do not like the company's idea of selling the product at a high price when it is easy and cheap to produce", Nico said.

"So they accepted the agreement of the other Society (Syrus Inc.) to ensure a better future for themselves and their families," Sarah said.

"When Kicko heard that their two best chemists were leaving the competition with full J.O.L rights, they tried to convince them to stay but nothing worked..." Sarah said.

"One day, the company and the Fleshers decided to move the machine capable of making J.O.L (The reactor) into a truck, followed by two other trucks which the company claimed were transporting stock already ready to be sold. However, they were actually carrying explosives." Sarah said. 

"During transport, the two trucks, along with the one carrying the reactor, exploded near a school with such force that the school and all structures within approximately 5 km were destroyed, killing 750 people and severely injuring 1500," Sarah narrates with a somber tone.

"The company was of course happy to blame the accident on Flesher's creation. They spread that he planned to do it to break the company's image in revenge. They published a false statement with their name which says that they lied about the dangerousness of J.O.L and his reactor" said Sarah with so much hatred in her eyes.

"This destroyed their image and reputation in the region and across the country," Nico adds.

"There was a trial, but they lost. Three days after the trial, we were in their living room. Chloée and Nico were watching a movie, while I was helping with the cleaning. Suddenly, nine armed individuals broke into the house," Sarah recounts.

"They attacked Uncle Michael and Aunt Jenna Flesher, beating them to death in front of us. We were too weak to do anything but cry and beg them to stop. It was six minutes of atrocity, especially for Chloée, who witnessed her parents' slow demise. I'll never forget her cries of anguish," Nico says, his voice heavy with sorrow and anger.

"Even though they hadn't harmed us, they left their lifeless and completely disfigured bodies on the ground. Chloée screamed and cried so much that she lost consciousness near her parents' bodies. By the time the police, ambulance, and our grandparents arrived, she was unconscious," Nico recounts, his voice trembling with emotion.