The Past 1

"This isn't the first time you've made love to a girl," Chloée told me, smiling.

"It was my first time, what are you talking about?" I responded.

"It's good for the first time; you know how to do things well," said Chloée.

"It's your first time too, Chloée?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's my first time too. To be honest, I've never been this close to a guy in my entire life," she replied.

"Ah, okay. But when did you start having feelings for me? It came out of nowhere," I asked, still surprised to find myself here with her in her room in less than 24 hours.

"Ah, you know, when you asked me to be your girlfriend in 10th grade, I didn't know you, so I rejected you..." she said.

"But then I got to know you better when you and Dylan joined the council that year. You were always a bit strange. A lot of girls thought you were weird and desperate to be in a relationship, and not good-looking compared to now," she continued.

"Shit! I know that people saw me strangely between the second and the beginning of the final year. I was obsessed with the desire to be in a relationship, even with a girl I had never spoken to. I made films with her in my head," I said, with a little shame, because I was unhappy.

"I started seeing you differently in green at the end of 11th grade. Your physique started to change, thanks to the gym and boxing. You took more care of yourself, and you stopped being so obsessed with girls," she said.

"It could be because I was with Nat," I cut her off.

"Yeah, that's it. But the day that made me realize I liked you was the Valleybridge event last year. I enjoyed organizing with you; it was fun. We got closer that day," she said.

"Oh yeah, I remember that. It was one of the moments that will stay in my memory forever," I said with a big smile.

"Yes, I know. It's one of the best events Valleybridge School has put on since its inception 20 years ago," she said.

Looking deep into my eyes, Chloée said to me, "We were close until today when we all finally concluded. I know you are coming out of a relationship where your partner betrayed you, but the relationship we're building, it's going to be different. I promise you, Jay."

"I don't expect anything. My life is empty, so I'm here. Whatever happens, it will happen," I responded, staring into her beautiful blue eyes.

"It's been a long day. Let's go to sleep. I have something to show you tomorrow," she said.

"Okay, good night, Flesher," I said.

"Good night, Wali," she answered.

Chloée turned off the lights.

The sun woke me up, and Chloe was still sleeping in my arms. She's really beautiful like that. I still can't believe it wasn't a dream too good to be true, but it's the reality I'm living now.

"I have to go get something to eat because I'm still so hungry," I whispered, gently moving the sleeping beauty.

I went to the kitchen to prepare food for both of us.

"Wow, I didn't notice tonight, but this house is beautiful and quite big," I said to myself. I also saw photos of her when she was little and of her parents.

"She had to live alone without her parents and learn to survive," I said.

I arrived in the kitchen where I saw that she had done her shopping, and everything was in place.