( 𝟎𝟎𝟏 ) national anthem

𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐑𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 !

𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐑𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 !
... chapter one

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑
overhead, casting a sterile glow over the cramped briefing room. Sergeant Grey strides back and forth across the linoleum floor, his usually gruff voice taking on an unexpected playfulness.

"It's time for the training officer match game," he announces, a hint of mischief in his tone. His words draw chuckles and chatter from officers around us, each of us rookies bracing for the inevitable pairing.

As Grey lists off the contestants, I feel a mix of excitement and apprehension flutter in my chest.

Jackson West, the academy prodigy, and John Nolan, most likely the oldest rookie to ever walk on earth, stand alongside me, their expressions a mix of anticipation and nerves.

A ripple of laughter sweeps through the room as Grey adresses me with the title of "imposter from New York." I shoot him a playful glare, my lips quirking into a reluctant smile.

With roll call concluded, I rise from my seat, the wooden chair scraping against the linoleum floor. Steadying myself on the tips of my shoes, I pivot on my heels, scanning the room for my assigned training officer amidst the sea of blue uniforms.

I was granted officer Bradford whose favorite activity is to scare rookies off the program with his wicked games and so called "Tim tests", but those accusations are mostly rumors. I hope.

"Officer Von Liljah!" A booming, authoritative voice shouted, I spun around on my heels once again, eyes slightly wide. The man cocked his eyebrows a little aggressively, as if he'd been waiting to meet my eyes for a while now.

He stood before me with his sculpted, toned arms crossed, his demeanor both confident yet so serious. His hair was cut short, almost in a slightly stubby fashion, a light brunette hue framing his face.

The short strands seemed to dance in the sunlight, catching glimmers of gold amidst their tousled arrangement. His fair skin bore a hint of tan, a testament to the hours spent under the sun's gentle caress during shifts.

As my gaze traveled upward, I noticed his bushy brown eyebrows, a stark contrast to his newly shaved jaw.

Each curve and arch seemed to emphasize his surprisingly expressive eyes, adding depth to his rather dull countenance. But truly, it was his eyes that captured my attention.

Piercing and icy blue, they held a depth that seemed to draw me in, like a sailor navigating the tumultuous waters of a stormy sea.

"Seems you've scared her already" Another T.O laughed as she walked out with her newly assigned rook. Officer Bradford let out a low grunt, almost a tough scoff, rolling his eyes at her.