( 𝟎𝟎𝟑 ) million dollar man

𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐑𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 !

𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐑𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 !
... chapter three

𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎
the room, a chorus of claps and subdued cheers greets me, washing over me like a warm wave. I chuckle softly, feeling my cheeks flush with a mixture of embarrassment and gratitude.

However, amidst the cheerful atmosphere, I notice Tim's stern expression, his gaze fixed on me with intensity, devoid of any applause.

His earlier words at the hospital echo in my mind as I settle into my chair, pushing it back with a soft scrape against the floor.

I steal a glance at Tim, searching for any hint of his inner turmoil or thoughts. His response is a subtle nod, barely perceptible amidst the bustling energy of the room.

Sergeant Grey's voice breaks through the noise, signaling the beginning of roll call. The room gradually falls silent, the anticipation palpable as everyone turns their attention to our sergeant.

"We actually have a guest with us here today, someone who has sponsored the LAPD with 3 million dollars. Welcome our donor with a round of applause officers!"

As Sergeant Grey's voice fills the room, announcing the presence of our distinguished guest, a sense of anticipation lingers in the air, mingled with a touch of pride evident in the sergeant's smile.

The man enters the room, exuding an aura of sophistication in his impeccably tailored black suit. As he navigates through the back row tables, his confident stride momentarily falters as he draws closer to me.

With a deliberate slowness, he leans down, his breath warm against my ear as he whispers, "Long time no see, cricket."

The familiar nickname sends a shiver down my spine, evoking memories of a past I've long tried to bury.

It's my father.

Despite the composed façade I try to maintain, my heart quickens its pace at the unexpected encounter. Mixed emotions swirl within me—nostalgia, apprehension, and a hint of resentment.

With a subtle nod, I acknowledge his presence before he continues his journey to stand beside Sergeant Grey, leaving me to grapple with the flood of emotions his mere presence has stirred.

Tim's acute perception never fails to catch the nuances of my emotions, his keen eyes tracing the subtle shifts in my expression—the widening of my eyes, the slight parting of my lips, the furrow of my eyebrows.

His ability to pick up on these details is both impressive and slightly unnerving, a testament to his astuteness as my training officer.

As I glance back at my father and Sergeant Grey, memories of my childhood flood my mind, stirring a mix of conflicting emotions within me.