Chap 26 : Life of Noah

I'm covered with assignments as I hear my phone ring from somewhere.. I don't even remember when last I saw that thing. I try to get up and slowly walk to wherever the sound's coming from. I move over to my drawer since the sounds more evident there and when I open I see it ringing and vibrating causing my extra pen and pencils to move around.

I pick my phone up not bothering to check the caller ID before picking the call.

"Hello?", I ask.

"Hi Ginger", Hernans voice booms clear into the speaker and it's like my mood becomes lighter.

"Oh hi", I mutter groaning a bit as I move to sit back on my bed.

"You sound a bit off, you okay?", he questions.

"Uh yeah, what's uh.. what's up with you?", I ask moving the attention from me.

"I'm good just wanted to check up on you", he replies and I smile a bit.

"Thanks", I say absorbing the feeling of being cared for by non relatives.

"So um you free?", he asks and I look down at my ankle.

"Uh not really", I answer.

"Oh", he says sounding disappointed, "That's cool then.. I guess I'll call you later?", he says in a questioning tone.

"Yeah sure", I say and it's like I feel him nod.

"Bye Ginger",

"Bye Buzz". I end the call after his light chuckle.

I put my phone down falling back on my bed. I stretch a bit letting out a yawn and to my surprise when my yawn subsides I hear another so I quickly look around in fear.

My mind is at rest when I see Noah yawning by the window.

When he's done he looks at me, "Sorry it was just so contagious", he says and I roll my eyes.

"You need to start using the front door", I say lying back down on my bed. He's gonna scare me to death one day and it's gonna be so sad when they write scared to death on my eulogy. Like, a car crash would be better.

"How's your leg?", he asks taking a look at my not so swollen but red ankle.

"Bad", I answer with my eyes staring up at the ceiling. I hear Noah sigh and the room's quiet for a while until I feel my bed dip and Noah's sharp intake of breath.

I turn and so does he causing our faces to be a few inches away. I look back at the ceiling getting pinked face at our close proximity.

"I noticed your mum's not around", he says with a low but sneaky tone.

"Yeah she went out to get some groceries. She thinks I'm asleep", I say remembering how I pretended to be asleep when I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Good then", he says and so I raise a brow as I watch him get up.

"Why good?", I ask using my elbows to push myself up a bit.

"Because we're going out", he says walking over to my closet. I scoff, is he out of his mind?.

"I don't know if you've noticed but my leg isn't the way it used to be.. it's busted", I say hoping to bring it to his understanding.

"I've never seen you on this before", he says turning around with a pink crop top and it's matching skirt. If I was pinked face before then now I'm red.

I get up and quickly limping to him I try to grab the outfit from him but he pulls away.

"Give it to me", I whine trying not to look at him.