𝟏 | 𝐝𝐨𝐯𝐞

The young angel sat by a desk in Heaven's conference room, otherwise called the Seraphim's headquarters. She was called onto this meeting alone, but the first man Adam insisted on coming along, having bad feelings about this gathering. And some could say his suspicions were correct.

A couple days ago, the word got out that Adam and his army of exorcists traveled down to Hell each year to exterminate as many sinners as they could. In order to keep word from spreading beyond the court's walls, Sera promised Charlie and Emily to send down an angel to conduct an investigation in order to see if sinners are really worthy or redemption. And this angel, fortunately or unfortunately, turned out to be [Y.N].

"That's fucking insane! Are you out of your fucking mind?" Adam banged his fists on the desk in protest, startling the girl sitting next to him. "Why does it have to be [Y.N]? She's going to get ripped to shreds by those freaks down there!"

"I will repeat for the last time, Adam. Sending down an exorcist is not an option, they could think of them as a threat or a declaration of war." Sera spoke slowly, but her irritation was starting to show.

Emily spoke up after her. "And sending a higher authority could be overwhelming for them, we want them to feel natural and not threatened." The younger one smiled, and [Y.N] swore she saw Adam's nails puncture the desk.

She wasn't sure why the first human was so agitated about this, sure, they were close, but Adam always treated her like nobody important. She guessed it was because of his hate for Lucifer, or maybe he was agitated because he hates being lectured by others.

"I never agreed to this bullshit, there's no way I am letting you do this." As Adam spoke again, his tone hostile and loud, Sera sighed deeply, putting her hand up to her forehead to calm herself down, she spoke once more.

"The choice is not yours to make, Adam. It's already been decided, [Y.N] agreed, and the portal will be open in an hour." The tall man looked to the angel on his left with disbelief. "This meeting is over. [Y.N], in this folder you will find all the information you need."

Emily walked over to the smaller desk where the angel and Adam were sat, or rather the angel was sat, putting down a small bundle of papers and whispering a quick "Good luck" to the girl. Soon everyone left the meeting, leaving just [Y.N] and the agitated man in the room.

"Why the fuck would you ever agree to this shit?" He asked slowly, intimidating the poor girl who finally met his eyes.

"Adam, I can't just deny a Seraphim's wish, that goes against everything I represent." [Y.N] let out a dramatic sigh. "Besides, this could be good, everyone could benefit from this!" She smiled at him and he raised his eyebrow.

He thought for a second. "Oh shit, are you going down there to gather intel on their weaknesses so the next extermination can be even more fatal?" Adam asked excitedly and grabbed the shorter angel's shoulders harshly. "Could've just said so, cutie."

"No." She chuckled and took his hands off her shoulders, holding them. "I'm going down there to help those poor souls, we don't know if redemption is possible but there's no harm in trying." She smiled kindly as Adam's grin faded.

"I don't think you understand, babe." He chuckled. "Those people are down there for multiple reasons and none of those reasons are good. What do you think will happen when a defenseless angel shows up at their doorstep, the image of purity? If they don't kill you immediately they'll turn you into fetish porn or torture you and I'm not going to be there to protect you." He put his hands on her shoulders again, trying to gain some reaction from the girl, something that would make her stay.

"Adam, I'll be okay." The short angel reached her hand up to cup the man's cheek through his mask, rubbing her thumb back and forth to comfort him. "I'm sorry this ordeal has caused you so much worry, although I'm not entirely sure why... But, I promise I'll be okay, hm?" She put her hand back and smiling, she continued. "Besides, angels can't be hurt, I have nothing to worry about."