𝟗 | 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝

The young angel walked through the corridors, feeling as helpless as ever, listening to the sound of muffled pop music that came from the lobby. She was slowly making her way to her room, she really wanted to talk to somebody familiar, somebody who would try to prove all of what she heard wrong.

She felt tired, overwhelmed and sad. Everything made so much sense now, but her mind couldn't have been farther from peace. She didn't know what to do with all this information, all her life she followed a lie, but at the same time it wasn't all that bad.

She sighed. "What am I going to do..." She asked herself, despair filling her voice.

The angel has never felt these sort of feelings before, feelings that made her want to curl up and cry. She really didn't want to feel this way anymore, and each day she missed her home more and more, accusing herself that she was being selfish.

For a second, she thought she heard a chuckle behind her, but once she turned around she didn't see anybody. She turned back around to keep walking to her room, shaking her head. Maybe she underestimated how much effect this place would have on her psyche.

Suddenly, a door opened next to her swiftly, a hand coming out of the room to grab her wrist harshly, pulling her in. She gasped when she heard the door slamming shut once she was fully in. The hands grabbing her shoulders and forcing her back against the wall.

The room was dimly lit, so the angel blinked a couple times to let her eyes adjust. Once they did, she saw that the figure who blocked her escape and was now towering over her was actually Alastor. This made her feel even more uneasy.

"Alastor, I uh... haven't seen you in a while." She smiled, even though she was very uncomfortable at the moment.

His face looked even scarier in the shadows, his eyes glowing red and his smile as wide as always. He reached his hands up to cup her cheeks, forcing her eyes on himself. "Do you understand now?" He spoke slowly and menacingly.

"Alastor, I..." She sighed, a sad expression appearing on her face. "I don't know what to do... I feel so... wrong."

She knew it was a bad idea to tell him this, but she felt so isolated and alone. She had to tell somebody in order to get these feelings off her chest, even if it was the man who introduced these feelings to her in the first place.

"Doesn't it feel awfully pathetic to be controlled by such feeble matters? If you weren't raised to follow such a stupid ideal, this would be easier to deal with, don't you think?" He let go of her face, taking his cane in hand and leaning on it instead.

"No... that's-"

He cut her off. "That's what makes you weak, it's what makes you flawed. Isn't it tiring to follow the word of someone you now know to be a liar? Don't you want to be free of it all? To live your own life?"

She thought for a second. "What are you implying?"

"Escape it all, start a new chapter in your own life." He chuckled. "I would help you with that, of course, for a noble price." He looked back at her with a smile.

After thinking and staying silent for a while [Y.N] spoke up again. "I can't just leave my life behind! This is all I've known, it's... what I was made for." A determined look appeared on her face again and she heard him sigh in annoyance. "I can't do this, it's not right."

"My dear angel, God might claim purity, but there is a thrill in the forbidden." His hand reached up to her cheek again, his smile growing wider as his nails dug into her skin. "Let me corrupt you."

His smile grew even wider, tearing his cheeks as the color around his pupils turned to black and his head started twitching. A loud static sound filling the angel's ears while she watched multiple demonic symbols twitch around Alastor's head. The girl's eyes darted around as her breathing quickened together with her heartbeat. In her panic, she noticed Alastor's free hand reaching for a blade, one that emitted a white light in the darkness.

"You're weak, I can fix that." He spoke slowly, his voice seeming more static than usual, mixing with the sound in the background as a red liquid dripped from his mouth.

The girl's hand shook as she stayed still, paralyzed from a type of fear she never felt before. Watching as his hand rose, the white blade now only inches away from her face, she couldn't help but close her eyes, waiting for it to make impact with her skin.

Until it did, with a quick swing Alastor cut the angel's cheek, golden blood dripping on the floor and staining her face. She opened her eyes at the sting, the pain beginning small but quickly spreading to feel like a fire started on her face.

"It hurts, doesn't it?" The radio demon pulled away, watching the angel's panicked expression, her eyes darting around him. She reached up to her face, touching her cheek and covering her fingertips in her blood, watching it drip down from her shaking hands. "I can make it all go away, the pain, those feelings... if you only give yourself to me." He extended his hand, a green glow emitting from it.

The angel suddenly snapped back and opened the door, quickly running out of the room to get as far away as possible from the demon. Reaching the balcony, she held onto the railing, looking behind her quickly to make sure he wasn't following her. And with a deep breath, she jumped, her wings extending in order for her to fly.

She felt tears flowing from her eyes, mixing with the blood that covered half her face. Never has she experienced pain, and she never thought she would, the concept that was ruled impossible by all the angels.

After flying for a while, her wings grew tired and she descended down to what looked like a different city. Neon lights and TV screens bringing light to everything on the street, tall buildings with huge signs with store names and illustrations.

As she walked the streets, wiping away her tears and blood from her face, unknowingly smearing it further, she quickly noticed that many demons where either passed out on the street or watching her. Her wings dropped together with her head, trying to make herself as small as possible so she wouldn't bring attention to herself, which was inevitable because she was an angel in Hell.

She stopped in her tracks as she noticed three pairs of legs in front of her, making her look up to see three demons eyeing her up and down. "Hey, babe, aren't you a bit far from home?" The demon in the middle spoke, a flirty tone to his voice as the two others walked over to stand behind the angel, cornering her from every side.

"Oh, no." She smiled, looking at every man. "I was just looking for an inn, somewhere where I could spend the night." She chuckled awkwardly, growing uncomfortable from their stares.

"We could take you somewhere to spend the night alright, I don't know if you'd be doing much sleeping though." The demon in front of her took a step forward, making the girl take a step back to keep her distance.

"Sleeping with us, maybe." The demon on her right said, which earned a laugh from all three of them. The girl in between chuckled with them, not understanding the joke but trying to be polite nonetheless.

She felt a hand touching her wing from the left, the wing twitching away at the touch. She turned around to face the man who stood behind her. "Cute." Just as he said that, the other demon who was now standing behind her grabbed her shoulders harshly, keeping her in place while the other two approached closer.

She was pushed down to the ground, making her fall to her knees and as she looked up at the three demons chuckling mischievously, she felt her eyes water again.

Somebody, help me...