ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 13

Morning arrived quickly as she immediately heard her phone blowing up from messages and calls. Ignoring it, she immediately went to take a quick shower, wearing their crew jacket before setting off. She met up with the rest as her bike was loaded onto Dom's vehicle.

"Ahaha.. Thanks for giving us a ride.." June smiled sheepishly.

"It's my pleasure; you're my little master's friends." He answered.

The vehicle was full of noise as Yara silently leaned onto Minu since she was forced to sit in the back due to not having enough space. She quickly became comfortable as she drifted to sleep. Minu started patting her head while talking to Shelly and Jay. In their crew, Yara and Minu were always the closest of them all. They were sometimes mistaken as a couple, as Minu didn't even try to correct the misunderstanding. Jay stayed silent, watching Yara's sleeping face; his gaze didn't go unnoticed by Minu, who had an idea pop into his mind. Minu smirked and snaked his hand around Yara's waist, pulling her closer to him, smiling. But from Jay's perspective, it seemed that Minu was blushing because of Yara.

The pale girl didn't even stir when Minu wrapped his hand around her. They soon arrived at the place where the event was being held. Jay was the first one to wake Yara up and grab her away from the snickering Minu. The clueless girl didn't mind getting dragged around.

"THE OPENING CEREMONY FOR THE LEAGUE OF STREET PRELIMINARY ROUND HAS NOW BEGUN!" The loud announcement woke Yara's core. Looking around, they were just waiting for the next announcement. Suddenly, she felt a hand on hers. She looked down and didn't realize that her fingers were intertwined with Jay's fingers. Jay didn't realize it either; he was rubbing her palm in a circular motion as he looked around. Yara didn't utter a word and ignored it.

"WE HAVE A LOT OF CREWS HERE FOR THE FIRST LEAGUE!"

Looking around, there's more than what Yara anticipated.

"THE PRELIMINARIES ARE SCHEDULED TO START IN 30 MINUTES AFTER THE OPENING EVENT ENDS!"

Walking alongside Jay, the crew caught up with the two, also bringing their bikes along with them.

"Hey hey! Don't snatch my Yara away as you wish!" Minu grumbled taking ahold of Yara other hand, Jay looked back at Minu and let go of her hand.

"SENA-CHAAAN~~"

Everyone turned to see who just screamed.

"Sena?" Shelly asked no one.

"Did you guys hear that? it sounded like otaku.." Shelly sweetdrop.

"Yeah.. What was that?.." Minu asked.

"Hey, isn't that Minu?" Someone said, approaching them.

"Huh?" Minu turned around to see their old crew members.

"Ugh.. TJ.. You little shit." Minu curses out, clenching. Yara grips his hand, tryin to calm him down.

"Who are those losers?" Shelly said, irritation evident in her tone.

TJ snickered. "So, who's in your new crew?"

"That school president and..." He trailed off but halted when he saw a familiar face.

Dom and his father's man turned. "Huh?"

"Yo, mamushi boy, acting tough again?" Vinny taunted, approaching Yara's side. The pale girl remained silent, watching the scene unfold.

"I-I was just happy to see you guys... I just wanted to say... GOOD LUCK! R-Right, guys? Huh?..." TJ declared, looking around only to find his crew running away. TJ immediately turned around, scratching his head. "Haha.. isn't the weather g-great? Perfect for biking?..." TJ excused, running off. Yara scoffed, looking at Vinny who seemed to be looking at someone. Following his gaze, Yara saw the ghost team not too far from them. Vinny gritted his teeth; Yara gave him a pat on the back, and the guy shifted his gaze to the pale girl. His eyes seemed to calm down. Someone suddenly shouted, saying the monster crew had arrived. They shifted their attention to the crew.

June sweats and says they'll eventually face the monster crew if they aim to win the tournament. Yara glances at the crew, an unknown excitement rising within her; a smile spreads across her face, feeling excited. The MC declared that the tournament is about to start, calling out all the crews that are attending to go to the broadcast hall. Upon arriving, they were told to pick a representative from each of their own crew to race.

"I'll just sit here; you guys figure it out," Shelly said, sitting on the bench. Minu scoffed and asked if anyone wants to volunteer or nominate. Dom and June looked at Jay, who sweatdropped. "I'm telling you now, I have no intention to represent the team, so pick someone else," Jay declared. "I don't want to do it either," Vinny said. Yara sweatdropped on them. Minu scratched his head, disappointed at the crew's lack of cooperation. Yara slowly raised her hand. "I'll volunteer if no one wants to," Yara declared. Everyone stood shocked; even Shelly looked at the pale girl in disbelief.

"WHAT? ARE YOU SURE?!" Minu asked, shaking Yara's shoulder.

"Yes... Stop shaking me!" Yara said, feeling dizzy.

Jay silently looked at Yara.

"No, I'll do it," Dom intervened.

"No, I'll do it!" Yara protested.

"No, this race will be too dangerous for you."

"Dom's right, Yara," Jay finally said after a long silence. Yara kept protesting but soon gave up after all the boys ganged up on her, saying no. The MC started explaining the rules as Dom started turning pale. He looked at Yara, who kept snickering behind his back and started whining more. Earlier, after Dom rushed to the signing-up table, he immediately wrote his name before Yara could and even smiled proudly at the girl who just caught up to him. After listening to the rules, Dom immediately went back to where he signed up and requested to swap Yara instead. The pale girl burst out laughing while the whole crew deadpanned; the staff refused, and Dom teared up, making Yara laugh more.

Back to the present.

The remaining crew tried to stay positive while Minu kept complaining. Yara watched them and took out the remaining candy and started opening it. While doing so, a hand suddenly stretched out, entering Yara's view. She looked up to see Jay looking at her, expecting the candy to be given to him.

"Hey... this is mine..." Yara deadpanned. Jay even wiggled his finger, insisting on having the candy. Yara immediately took the wrapper off and put the candy to her mouth, but her hand that was holding the candy met another hand.

"....."

"....."

Jay blocked her mouth and swiftly took the candy away from Yara's grasp, popping it into his own mouth, walking away with a satisfied smile, leaving the stunned girl. She watched Jay head towards the waiting room, and once he was out of her sight, she shifted her gaze towards Dom, who was at the starting line.

.

.

.

𝔗𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔢𝔡