ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 14

Even though the girl knows the outcome of the game, she still doesn't like Dom hurting himself. As everyone gets ready for the race, she moves to the front and calls out to Dom.

"Dom!" The boy turns towards her with a confused look. Slowly, she raises her hands, giving him a thumbs-up while smiling brightly at him. Dom's breathing hitches; he's never seen Yara smile so brightly before. He can't help but paint a genuine smile on his face in return. Now, he's more motivated to win the race, no matter what.

"ALL READY!" All the representatives are silent, focusing on the start signal.

"START!!!" They're off.

"WITH THE CHEERS OF OUR LARGE AUDIENCE, THE FIRST ROUND OF PRELIMINARIES HAS FINALLY BEGUN!" The MC declared. "EVERYONE'S STRUGGLING INTENSELY TO RACE AHEAD."

"THERE'S MONSTER, THE CYCLIST RECEIVING THE MOST ATTENTION!! HE'S FALLING SLIGHTLY BEHIND THE OTHER CYCLISTS AT THE START!"

Yara's gaze follows Dom's figure, silently hoping he'll be alright. She sees him looking back to where Monster is, and the guy is already starting to increase his pace.

"It's starting." She mutters, then looks back to where Minu was. She makes her way towards him, waving towards his way. The boy notices her and also approaches her.

"Are you good?" The pale girl asks, looking at the sweating boy.

"Yes, but I'm still worried about Dom." He sighs, scratching his head in frustration. Yara sighs and gives the guy a pat on the back.

"Sometimes, you need to have a little faith in him, you know? He is Dom, after all." She calmly says, watching the big screen where Dom can be seen. The boy gazes at her, then looks up to the screen, releasing a breath he didn't know he was holding until now.

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"You don't have to say sorry to me, you know." Yara smiles.

"He's on the move, huh." She mutters, and Minu nods.

"AHHH!!!" The two immediately look up and see that there was an accident. Minu and Yara pale at the sight of Dom colliding with the fallen cyclists.

"DOM!!" Minu screams. The whole crew sees the accident and is beyond shocked; the guy falls face-first with his shoulder landing next. He falls into a really bad position. Yara covers her mouth; she knew it was coming, but seeing it firsthand is more painful. She clenches her hand.

'I should've done it instead of him.' She blames herself.

"3 MINUTES AND 19 SECONDS INTO THE RACE, THERE HAS BEEN A GROUP COLLISION IN ZONE B!"

"THERE IS ROUGHLY 2 MINUTES LEFT. UNFORTUNATELY, IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE HARD FOR THESE CYCLISTS TO FINISH IN TIME."

"IT SEEMS LIKE SEVERAL RAIDERS HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED IN THIS CRASH." The rescue team immediately arrives where the accident happened and starts helping out the injured cyclists. On the big screen, the camera is faced directly at Dom, whose knee and face are bleeding. Yara's face twists from the injury he got just from falling.

"Dom..." She whispers in worry, biting her lower lip, making it bleed a little from the force. A hand suddenly touches her lips, making her stop from chewing. Looking up, Vinny grimaces at her bleeding lips.

"Stop chewing your lips; it's not going to change anything. You'll just injure yourself." He flicks her forehead; the pale girl groans from the pain and rubs it with her hand, trying to ease the pain.

Wind Breaker |  𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘎𝘰𝘥जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें