ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 35

"Hey, no need to get so angry about it... it was just a joke, you idiot," she sweatdropped.

"Haizz, oh- my coach is here. I'll call you later; you better answer."

She bid him farewell before ending the call, putting her phone aside. Yara went to the couch and turned the TV on, deciding to watch a movie to kill time.

Yara watched almost three movies before she fell asleep on the couch with the TV still on. Jolting awake due to dreaming about what Owen said before the call ended, she glanced around to find her phone buzzing. Reaching towards the phone, she was startled by what she saw:

————————————————

99+ missed calls from Owen.

23+ new messages from Owen.

————————————————

Yara turned paler, clutching her hair. She answered the incoming call, ready to hear him scream at her for not answering.

"Yara?" Yara was surprised when she heard Owen's calm voice.

"Y-yeah? Look, I'm sorry for not answering the call, I fell asleep before I knew. I-"

"Hey-hey, it's alright. I thought something happened." Yara let out a breath, scratching her head.

"Phew, anyways, what's up? Your voice sounds happy? Did you win the lottery?"

"Oh... ahaha... Well, Shelly and I started talking again..."

"Woah! I'm glad! Keep it up!" She smiled at the news.

They both talked about what Owen and Shelly discussed and shared their thoughts. After one hour and twenty minutes of talking, they finally bid farewell to each other as Yara placed her phone down. Standing up, she realized the wound stopped aching anymore. Slowly reaching down to open the bandage, she found it fully closed, with only a few scratches remaining. Overall, her leg was back to normal. Yara started jumping, feeling the absence of pain.

She happily jogged towards the kitchen before making her breakfast, humming a tune. She ate in silence, and once finished, she started washing the dishes one by one. Going upstairs, she took a bath and changed into her uniform, heading downstairs with her bag on her back. Happily carrying her bike outside, she kissed Astrid before setting off.

Sitting in the saddle, her spirit screamed happiness. Nothing could compare to Yara's happiness, especially when seated on her bike. She hummed on the way to school, enjoying every moment of the ride.

Even though she was running late, Yara didn't care as long as her leg was healed. She opened the door to her classroom and simply sat down, the teacher at the front not bothering to lecture the pale girl as the class continued without interruption.

Arriving home, Yara decided to go on a late-night ride alone to refresh her body. Tossing her bag onto the couch, she went upstairs to change into her cycling gear. Her outfit had a black base with a small embroidered logo in front and a larger one at the back, both colored in golden thread. The cycling pants featured a gold stripe on each side, perfectly matching her jersey.

Waving at Astrid, her faithful companion, Yara grabbed her bike and headed outside. Once on the street, she set off, deciding to roam around to familiarize herself with the road. With the night already settled in, the surroundings were eerily silent. Putting on her earpods, she blasted a song, a smile spreading across her face as she happily pedaled, vibing to the music.

Suddenly, a loud "Pow!" pierced the quiet night air, prompting Yara to whip her head around to locate the source of the sound. There, in the distance, she spotted a single firework lighting up the sky. Confused but intrigued, she stopped pedaling and looked around, trying to decipher the meaning behind the unexpected display.