Chapter 6

"What the hell do you mean by this bitch belonging to you?!" Moira's stepmother barked.

"Don't call her a bitch. There's only one bitch in this room and I'm looking at her."

Mrs. Gokongwei, who had stepped forward to take the calling card I handed her, stopped.

She angrily glared at me. "How dare you?!"

I withdrew my hand. "On second thought, I'll let my lawyers handle you so I'm keeping my card. And, yes, Moira Gokongwei is mine so hands off her," I said before I turned to one of the older house helps who were all looking at me curiously. "Pwede pong humingi ng tulong d'un sa tuta?"

An old woman who's probably in her 60s stepped forward. "Ako na po," she said as she picked up Duchess.

"H'wag mong gagalawin 'yang putang inang tutang 'yan!" Mrs. Gokongwei screamed.

"I hope you are familiar with Republic Act 10631 because I will make sure that you spend time in jail for harming that dog and preventing us from leaving this property so she can be given medical attention."

"Putang-ina ka—"

"Putang ina ka rin po. H'wag n'yo po akong mumurahin. Hindi po ako kasing-bait ng girlfriend ko. Magsampa po kayo ng kaso kung gusto n'yo, haharapin ko po kayo. Now, it is your choice, are going to make us leave with Duchess or would you rather spend a night in prison?" I calmly asked.

Her eyes were throwing daggers at me. She scowled angrily at me.

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed a number. "Hello po, Attorney—"

"Umalis na kayo, mga bwisit!" Moira's stepmom shouted. "Layas! Umalis kayo sa pamamahay ko pero walang dadalhin na kahit anong damit 'yang babaeng 'yan! Matapos ko s'yang bihisan—"

"Wow, talaga po? Ipinagmamalaki n'yo po itong suot n'ya ngayon? Are you sure this is something that you should boast about considering how rich you are? The clothes she's wearing only prove how badly you are treating her."

"Umalis na kayo!"

"Tara na po..." the older woman, who was carrying Duchess in her arms, said.

I guided Moira, who was crying quietly, out of the house.

I realized that the guard I had paid earlier was following us and I tightened my arms around Moira's shoulder. I only breathed easily when we reached the gate.

"H'wag na po kayong babalik dito. Hanggang dito lang po ang tulong na kaya ko pong ibigay. Mag-ingat po kayo," the house help said before she handed Duchess to me.

"Salamat po," I said before she left.

"Baby...pasok sa kotse..." I whispered against my girlfriend's hair and she stirred. She was sobbing the whole time and I knew that she needed consoling but I was keen on leaving the premises fast.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" she murmured.

My worry doubled. Shit, what is happening to her?

"Baby, okay ka lang ba?" I asked after I helped her get inside my car. "Here, hold Duchess. Don't hold her too tight, okay? Baka kasi may nabali sa mga buto n'ya—oh, God, stop crying, I'm sorry, she'll be fine. I'm sure she is fine."

"Hindi na s'ya gumagalaw..." She wept.

"She's breathing still...see...nakikita mo? Gumagalaw 'yung dibdib n'ya."

"Talaga?" she asked wiping her tears using her free hand.

"Oo. Magsisinungaling ba naman ako sa'yo? I'm going to buckle your seat belt now..." I spoke before leaning forward to kiss her on the forehead. "Isasara ko na 'yung pinto, ha, para makaalis na tayo."