Chapter 8

I love flirting with Moira Gokongwei. But I loved it more when she would flirt back. And although I was extremely turned on by her innocence, her effort to fire back was what made her tremendously endearing to me.

Ang cute naman, nagpakita ng pangil ang kuting, nagtaas ng kilay, I thought laughing silently because she had arched her brow, her jaw set determinedly, as if, she had decided that it was a round of our teasing banter that she was going to ace.

"And what exactly do I mean? Sige nga, let's hear it since you sound so certain," she issued.

It honestly sounded like an invitation to taste her lips to my ears.

I smiled. "Is that a dare, Moira? A challenge? Or could it be an invitation?"

She pursed her lips, a gesture that I realized she always did when she would think of an explosive comeback. Or when she would feel cornered. And for the life of me, I found the action particularly charming.

I fixed my eyes on her lips and nearly laughed out loud when she swallowed hard.

Kabadong-kabado ang Baby ko...

"Depende, do you want to take it as a dare, a challenge, or an invitation?" she bravely spoke, wearing that bravado like a queen.

But, the queen, however, involuntarily took a step back when I pretended to step towards her, then, realized what she had done and defiantly raised her chin to me.

I grinned. "Baby, alam mo ba itong pinapasok mo?"

"Ikaw, alam mo ba itong papasukin mo?" she countered.

Oo. Ikaw.

I nearly burst out laughing at my thoughts.

"Baka mamaya hindi, ha. I won't be responsible for your broken heart."

Nice. 'Yan tayo, eh, masyado kang swabe bumanat itong si Mrs. Ortega.

"Do you want me to fall for you, Moira?"

"You already have fallen, Gio. The question is how hard are you going to fall for me?"

Talaga naman itong babaeng ito. Ang galing magtapang-tapangan. Kapag hinalikan ko kaya 'to, gagantihan kaya ako ng halik nito?

"How hard are you going to let me fall for you?" I whispered taking a step towards where she was standing like a trapped kitten ready to be petted.

Diyos ko, gigil na gigil na talaga ako sa'yo. Gusto na kitang yapusin. I squelched the urge to bite my lower lip.

"Are you asking for my permission?" Her voice sounded raspy and she nervously cleared her throat.

I smiled indulgently. "We are into asking permissions now?"

"Are we?"

"Hm..." I tilted my head to the side before I gave her a knowing smile. "Kinakabahan ka?"

"Bakit ako kakabahan?" she indignantly asked.

I flashed her a wink. "Hindi ko alam, bakit nga ba?"

I took another step closer.

She looked away pretending to find my condo's wallpaper pattern interesting.

George, stop torturing yourself. Ikaw lang din naman ang mabibitin d'yan...

But I couldn't. I couldn't stop myself from teasing her and I couldn't stop myself from the self-torment of conjuring images of us...intimately together.

"Have you been kissed, Moira?" I asked.

And now I can't stop myself from thinking about kissing you. Pucha, may sakit na yata ako sa utak.