A Deal

I was with Adam for the past month, we explored the world. Well as much as we could on foot without getting sick, tired or anything else like that. I couldn't believe how beautiful earth was, well on a side note. Adam called this thing that we were on, earth. Honestly it was a beautiful place, really beautiful. I could get lost  in the woods forever. They were deep and dark, some were lighter, and more peaceful. Some forests were eerier than others. But I never really minded that factor of the forest. This time, Adam left me alone in the garden of eden. Or at least he called it that. I sat on the grass, propped up against the tree I backed up into the last time I was there. I almost fell asleep, as an apple fell in between the little space between my legs. Looking down at the apple, which made a loud thump as it fell. I picked it up.

"Hello, Y/N." A man's voice came from the left side of the tree I was propped up against.

"H-How do you know my name?!" I asked, surprised I turned around to see nothing.

"You don't need to know that." The man's voice came from behind me. How did he get there so fast?

"Why not?" I asked again, no response to my question. I turned around to the right side to see a short man, with a long  white top hat.

"What do you want from me?!" I asked, almost screaming at him. He looked me up and down before replying.

"You of course." The man said, smirking as he said those words. They disgusted me. How could he say that? Especially to a married woman?

"No, why would I give myself to you?!" I asked, or more screamed at him. How could that man even think that I would say yes? Especially with how short he was. Yuck.

"For freedom, power and whatever you want. All you have to do is say yes, and you want have to abide by Adam's rule-"
"How do you know my husbands name?" I asked, interrupting his speech.

"Uh, how could I not? I mean I did take his last two wives." The man shrugged. When he said that. I instantly remembered who he was.. Lucifer. Adam had warned me about him, not to trust his words but.. freedom, and power was so tempting. But that meant leaving Adam.. Why was it so hard to choose?.