Epilogue

They were married in  a quiet intimate ceremony a few months later in London, in the private chapel belonging to Alex's family.

 The Duke and Duchess were present, along with Adrian and his future wife, Miss Margery Sutton.  Adrian had found it amusing that his elder brother had ended up married before him, when at one stage, he had declared he would never get married at all. 

Louisa found that Miss Sutton had seemed to have overcome her shyness with her fiancé, and they spoke and laughed easily together, which made her think they would be well suited after all .

On Louisa's side, attending the ceremony, she had Hettie Marshal,  along with Reverend Philips, who despite being weak from his illness and old age, made sure he could be there along with his housekeeper and nurse. It was his greatest privilege to be the one to give her away into the hands of her new husband.  and Louisa had been delighted he had agreed to do so.

  Hettie had hugged her with tears in her eyes, then had informed Louisa she was very happy how things had turned out in the end for her.

As expected,  there was no word of congratulations  from Louisa's Uncle Joseph, although she did receive a letter from Rosemary , who was in France with her husband.  She did congratulate Louisa on her marriage to Alex, but spoilt it a little by adding that she thought, in the end it,  that she and Alex were well suited, as Alex and his family, apart from the Duchess, had odd notions, so Louisa would fit right in with them.  then she had prattled on about the wonderful time she was having in France with Gaston

Sometimes it was hard for Louisa to decide  if Rosemary was being complimentary, or just artlessly  bitchy, perhaps it was a bit of both.  But it did nothing to spoil the day for her in the end, as she and Alex were pronounced man and wife.

Just as  Alex had predicted, his mother had resigned herself in having Louisa as a daughter in law, and welcomed her warmly enough, not wanting to alienate her eldest son. In both cases, her sons had caused quite a stir with the gossips.

  Adrian choosing Miss Sutton over Miss Chapple. No one had ever guessed that the dashing flirt would settle for the insignificant Margery, and how, when they appeared everywhere together, it  was plain to see it was turning into a love match, and he seemed quite taken with her after all.

When Alex and Louisa's  nuptials  were formally  announced in the papers, there were those who were triumphant in saying I told you so, and many raised eyebrows that Alex had chosen to marry Miss Louisa O'Mara, many had thought he might have taken her as a mistress under the circumstances. But instead, he had done the honourable thing, even if it was not quite the match they imagined he should make. But they supposed after being jilted first time round had probably affected his somewhat odd decision

Louisa had still  fretted about the gossips and  Alex's standing in every ones eyes, when they learned she was to become his wife.  Especially when he would become a Duke in the future. and how it might affect him.

 But he reminded her that would not happen for a long while. His father was of good health and had showed no signs of succumbing to illness and death anytime soon.  So that when He finally did become Duke, those around him would come to appreciate Louisa's good qualities and temperament,  which would stand her in good stead, so that her past would be quickly forgotten about.

His confidence and belief in her, was something that Louisa found most endearing about him, making her love him all the more for it,  She had no more doubts that his feeling for her where from love and not pity.

The most wonderful part, was feeling that she was no longer alone, and to be part of Alex's life helping him with his Charity work was something she was looking forward to doing in the future.  But for now, as they set of on the Honeymoon that Alex had promised.  Louisa was rather  excited that she was at last going to see that wider world she longed for.  Recalling it had been fired up in her imagination as a young child by her father, and was now going to become a reality. 

To be sharing it with her new husband, had only further added to her a joy that  she never imagined she would feel again, and she felt very blessed indeed.

THE END

**********************************

AN: YAY I finished it. The  first story I have written in ages phew!!!:)

No love for LouisaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara