chapter 5

It took you all day to try and forget about your interaction with Alastor. It seemed like you were always emotionally on fire thinking about it — and I mean that in more ways than one.

You were exhausted by the end of the day and went to bed early, not bothering to talk to anyone else your first day here. You'd had enough social interaction for now.

You awoke to a tiny weight bouncing up on down upon you, tripping over your body and clawing on you. You groaned groggily and heard a familiar excited squealing sound. Niffy.

"Kitty, Kitty, wake up!" she exclaimed in delight. "Wake up, wake up! It's time for the daaaaay!"

"Ughhhh," you moaned, holding your head. What time was it? You felt the bright maroon sky filtering in through the blinds to your left, lighting up your room with a gentle glow. It must be awfully early for you to be this tired considering how late you went to bed last night.

"Hop up, toots," said another voice. Angel. He leaned onto your nightstand casually with a small simper upon his face. "We've got shit to do today."

You groaned in frustration again and threw a random throw pillow at Angel, flipping around to the other side of the bed to avoid looking him in the face. You were always so childish when you were tired. You heard the pillow thump against him and then fall to the floor. You face was buried in the blanket. "Go awayyyyyy! I'm tired!"

"No can do, Miss. I'm bored and we need'ta get to know eachotha better."

You then raised up in the bed very suddenly and snapped your head to the side. Your eyes glowed a bright yellow, and your hair became to slowly float around you. You felt your feline ears lengthen and your canine teeth too. Your face broke into a sadistic grin. The tone of your voice became dark and distorted, like the roar of an animal. "You realize I'm an Overlord, right? I could crush you under my feet without batting an eyelash."

Terror-filled silence flooded the room. Niffty stopped bouncing on you and Angel froze, gulping softly. It felt like this lasted a millennia, but it was only a moment.

Your eyes returned to their normal hue and your teeth and ears retracted. Your hair fell down. You waved a hand with a soft grin. "Kiddin,' sugar. I would never hurt you."

Angel let out a relieved huff and started laughing nervously. Niffty grew excited again and continued her jumping, saying something repetitively about you being a "bad girl." She was really weird.

"Alright, so what are we doing?" you asked finally, sitting up in the bed and rubbing your temples. Your hair was a mess, you're sure. Niffty rolled over with a giggle and disappeared under the bed, going completely silent. Did she fucking teleport or something?

"Shopping, the club, whatever you want I suppose," said Angel, but he seemed a little withdrawn as if your outburst from earlier reminded you that he was supposed to be as equally fearful of you like he and the others should be of Alastor.

"Let's do both," you suggested with a kind smile. You hopped out of bed and combed your hair with a brush.

"'Kay. Meet me in the lobby in ten."

You only nodded and proceeded to get ready as Angel silently left the room. You fear you may have scared him too much... Good. He should be scared.

You hummed a tune as you picked your outfit the day, which was something similar to what you wore every other day (something ballet attire related but in different soft colors and styles), and put black ribbons in your hair and, of course, the large one around your skirt protruding off your back. The bows were always your favorite part of getting ready in the mornings. You slid on your leg and arm warmers and your sneakers. Now you were ready.