chapter 34

[A/N] - enjoy this chapter you horny bitches;))

୨୧

"Little fawn?" Alastor called cautiously, turning the knob and entering your chamber. You wiped any remaining tears away, but you're sure your mascara gave it away.

"What?" you said coldly, your voice wavering.

"Ah! Such a bad attitude," Alastor said, clicking his tongue and stepping into the room fully. He used his heel to shut the door softly. You watched, frozen, as he turned the lock. Your heart thumped in your chest. "Has nobody ever taught you better?"

"Fuck off, Al," you hissed, burying your face in your hands to avoid looking at him. His Loa were still by your side, cuddled up to you endearingly. "I'm fine."

Alastor noticed the Loa, peering at them with curiosity. He placed both his hands on his staff, leaning against it casually and staring at you with a quirked brow. "Tell me, little fawn, why is it that my Loa have taken an attraction to you?"

You stiffened. Should you just go ahead and tell him what the Wampus had warned you about? About the blood bond? That if you died or he, you would go down together? Did he even have a clue of that vital part of his own practice?

"I saw something," you said quietly, deciding to be honest. You didn't trust him, but something in your gut told you you had to. If you weren't honest with him, you were risking your life considering if he was unknowledgable and in danger, you were too.

"What did you see, my dear?"

"An old friend," you whispered, not daring to look at him. He stepped closer to you, but just barely.

"The Wampus creature, I presume?" Alastor said gravely.

Your head snapped to him, mouth dropping in shock. "What? How could you possibly know anything about that? What the-?"

"Vox," said Alastor, disgust lacing his tone at the mention of the TV Demon's name. "He warned me about it. That it was possible you may have some connection to it."

You waved your hands around frantically, frightening the Loa by your side. "How? How-? I-" You shook your head. "Where would he even get the idea? I don't understand-"

"He said he did some research while he was awaiting me at the library," shrugged Alastor. He leaned nonchalantly on the wall, staring at his nails in front of his face. "You are in history books, love, do you know that? Quite an impressive feat, if I do say so myself."

"So?" you scoffed.

Alastor smiled, endeared by your characteristic attitude. You looked away. You used to be a lot kinder to people, but when you were around him, the bitchiest side was let out of you.

"He was curious about your swift rise to stardom," Alastor explained with a grin. "So he looked at death records stored somewhere in the library, and put the pieces together. The bodies were simply mutilated, clawed at and bitten with the same four long teeth marks," Alastor clasped his hands together, "delightful, that Wampus entity is of yours. Fantastic work."

"You're sick," you hissed. "So you know everything then? You know that it saved me? That it saved my life, my future, my reputation?"

Angrily, you stood up, steam practically coming out of your ears. You marched towards him, jabbing a finger to his chest. Who the fuck did he think he was, acting like he knew something about your life?

"I was fucking pregnant, Alastor," you hissed. Alastor faltered. "Pregnant, with Caden's kid. He had raped that... thing.. into me. After I found out, I went to the woods, had a breakdown, whatever. The Wampus found me, offered to take it away." You looked away, voice dropping to a whisper. "I accepted her offer. She took my child, and I thanked her, and she demanded a price."