Lesson 3: Time for Karma

The story of the Lion and the Mouse

Contrary to popular belief, when the lion saw it's prey... it didn't strike straight away. Instead, the lion took a closer look and saw the mouse isolated from it's peers, just like the lion was. All it took was a friendly approach and all of a sudden, the iddy biddy mouse and the powerful lion were almost inseparable.

The lion was rough and strong, it had fun proving it's position in the food chain. It would badly beat up the other animals in the chain but never kill or eat. It was a moral code not to kill or eat anything. Anything that's still alive that is. Even with this brute-like nature, the lion was cunning and smart. Almost unprecedentedly so. It struck the mouse with awe at how it could come up with such diabolical plans while also always impressing it's 'superiors'.

The mouse used that word lightly. It knew the lion could hurt and overthrow them at any point, but this lion didn't want to leave the place where it was at the top. So while it started trouble and fights, it never broke any major rules. The lion was scared of no one and did whatever it wanted... the mouse admired that and wished it had the will to do so.

The lion feared nothing... or at least it thought so. It had such immense strength, so what could hurt it? While it was waiting for the mouse one day, the mouse snuck up on him and for the first time... the lion felt like it could die. The venom and diseases it held in its bites could strike down anyone if it so wished. The lion may win in a fight... but the mouse could kill it. Seeing as a one off though, the lion stayed.

.

.

.

The Lion found the mouse stood in a pool of blood surrounded by victims.

———————

"One! Two! Three! Four! Five! Six! Seven! Eight!"

The sounds of exercise echoing across the field on a sunny afternoon could be heard in the outdoors of Class 3-E. In their blue and cyan PE outfits, the students were practicing swinging their knives in different directions. Their feet were planted firmly on the floor in a stance to hold their ground.

In front of the students stood the newly appointed Mr Karasuma. Gone was his smart looking blazer, only leaving him in the white button up shirt paired with a black tie and some grey work pants. To his right stood Koro-Sensei, instead of his usual teaching getup was an oversized sports shirt just saying his name on it.

"Wield your knives properly from all eight directions, now."

Karasuma yelled out to the kids since some of them were getting a bit unfocused. It wasn't in a mean spirited way, he just wanted them to stay on task. Seeing them pick themselves back up to a good standard, he started talking to the target without looking at him.

"From now on, I'm in charge of phys ed."

"That makes me a little lonely..."

Koro-Sensei's face turned down slightly with his smile not being as prominent as normal. This didn't faze Karasuma in the slightest though.

"Didn't I tell you to make yourself scarce during this period? Go play in the sandbox or something."

As he gestured to it with his thumb over his shoulder, Koro-Sensei was already there... that didn't stop him from sulking though as he patted a pile of sand.

"You're so mean, Mr Karasuma. Why, my students happen to like my gym classes!"

Upon hearing this, most the students stopped to chime in. Only a few of them continuing their swings as the sweat dripped from their hair. Sugaya was the first to allow his thoughts to come out though.