6

Chapter 6

As Tiya and Karan walked side by side towards the garage, Tiya reached out and gently took Karan's hand, bringing them to a halt. Karan turned to look at her, his brows furrowed in confusion at the sudden interruption.

"Karan, do you think I'm a good wife?" Tiya's voice was soft, but her eyes betrayed the sadness she tried to conceal with a faint smile. She looked at him expectantly, waiting for his answer.

Karan studied her for a moment, his heart heavy with concern for the woman he called his wife. Despite his own doubts and insecurities, he nodded in affirmation, hoping to reassure her with his words. Tiya's smile widened at his response, and she stepped closer to him, pressing a soft, lingering kiss on his lips.

But Karan couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at him. He sensed that something was amiss, though he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Igniting the engine, they soon found themselves on the road, the quiet hum of the car filling the air with tension.

Tiya switched on the radio, and the melancholic strains of "Lag Ja Gale" filled the car, adding to the sombre atmosphere. She turned towards the window, hiding her tears from Karan's view as they drove on in silence.

As they stopped at a red signal, Tiya raised her hand to click a selfie with Karan, attempting to capture a fleeting moment of happiness amidst the shadows of their grief. But her next question pierced the silence like a knife through the heart.

"Karan, do you miss our unborn?" Tiya's voice trembled with emotion as she spoke, her eyes downcast as she struggled to hold back her tears.

Karan's heart ached at her words, the pain of their loss still fresh in his mind. "I do," he replied softly, reaching out to gently touch her hand in a silent gesture of comfort.

Tiya's gaze remained fixed on her lap, her hands trembling as she fought to contain her emotions. "Tiya, we will plan for a baby again," Karan said gently, his voice filled with reassurance as he tried to offer her some semblance of hope.

As they arrived at the high-end cafe, Karan gallantly pulled out a chair for Tiya, a small gesture of chivalry that didn't go unnoticed by her. They settled into their seats, the ambiance of the upscale establishment enveloping them in an air of sophistication.

"Ma'am, sir, are you ready to order?" the waiter inquired, breaking the silence that had settled between them. They nodded in unison, their eyes meeting briefly before Karan placed their drink orders.

"Medium Americano for me, and a Frappuccino for the lady," he stated, his voice tinged with a hint of warmth as he glanced at Tiya.

Tiya's gaze remained fixed on Karan, her heart heavy with emotion as she tried to capture every feature of his face, every nuance of his expression. They were seated in a secluded corner of the cafe, away from prying eyes, and Tiya seized the opportunity to draw closer to her husband.

She rose from her seat and moved to sit beside Karan, her body leaning into his as she rested her head on his shoulder, wrapping her arms around him in a tight embrace. She breathed in his woody, lemony scent, the familiar fragrance soothing her troubled heart.

As tears welled up in her eyes, Tiya tightly closed them, the weight of her sorrow bearing down on her like a heavy burden. Karan assumed she was still grieving for their unborn child, his heart aching at the thought of her pain.

But Tiya's tears were not just for their lost baby; they were for something more, something deeper that she couldn't put into words. And as her phone vibrated with a silent notification, she knew that the moment had come, the moment she had been dreading yet anticipating with a heavy heart.