38

38

"Hey, Astre,"

Parang kabute nang sumulpot si Jaena mula sa likuran namin. She gestured something to Astre, and I was amazed when I noticed their conversation by raising an eyebrow at each other. Sandali silang nagpalitan ng mga senyas at ilang minuto pa ay tumayo si Astre, bumubuntong hininga.

"I will go first, may kailangan pa pala akong bilhin," He took all his things and waved his hand to me before irritatingly looking at Jaena. "Hintayin mo na lang ako sa Cheopang-ro, o kung gusto mo, maglakad ka pauwi."

Jaena make a face. "Are you even serious? Paglalakarin mo ako?! Kapag ako nabinat!"

"Bye, Cassee..."

"Bye, ingat." Tipid kong sabi.

"Hoy, Astre!" Pahabol na sigaw pa ni Jaena ngunit dire-diretso nang nag-lakad palabas ng coffee shop si Astre.

When you think about it, Jaena and Astre are not only just cousins-they also pass for best friends and siblings. Sabay na lumaki ang dalawa kaya hindi na ako magtataka kung bakit ganito sila kalapit sa isa't-isa.

Jaena slowly faced me and plastered a smile on her lips. "Mag-kwento ka sa'kin. Wherever you want to start, I'm happy to hear it."

"About?"

"Your life, obviously," Naka-arko ang kaniyang kilay.

"Be specific kasi,"

"Umh," She pouted, thinking. "How's Cyren? How's you and Xion? I heard MNB hired you."

"Huh? Me and Xion? Ano 'yon?" Acting fool is different from being really fool.

I leaned back in the chair after checking my watch and realizing that it was still early for Cyren's off. I allowed the waiter to place our coffee and cake order before I turned back at Jaena.

"Come to think of it, we are not dumb enough not to notice it. So ano nga? May kayo? How was it? Okay lang ba ang treat niya sa 'yo?"

Napasimsim ako sa mainit na kape. I'm not ready for this topic yet.

Sure, I'm trying to keep this off the table to keep things from getting awkward between Xion and me, especially now that I work for their company. I want to forget about it, too, because I'm afraid my feelings for him will only grow stronger.

"Si Cyren? She grew up alluring and became more respectful. Katatapos lang ng eye surgery niya, and the outcome was positive. Ang kaso, she won't be able to see with her one eye again-"

"Cyren and I met last night at the MNB championship. Kinuwento na rin ni Ian sa'kin 'yong tungkol d'yan. Til now, I'm still surprised," Sinamaan niya ako ng tingin. "Hey, don't change the topic nga. I'm asking you kaya!"

Jaena was also like this before when she found out that Astre had a crush on me. Halos siya ang naging tulay sa pagitan naming dalawa ni Astre. It was so cute for her to be this supportive.

Umayos ako sa pagkakaupo. "Ikaw dapat ang mag-kwento. I know you have a lot to tell me."

She smiled and spread her left hand on the table, tucking her hair behind her ear, and her lips had a wide smile. Kaagad kong napansin ang gusto niyang iparating. I frowned slightly and smiled widely as well when I saw the engagement ring on her fourth finger.

"Invited ka, ha!" She chuckled.

"Kailan pa 'yan?"

"Last month lang. We were on the yacht with Hex, and I was just surprised when he suddenly kneeled down in front of me and pulled out a ring!" Impit ang boses niyang pagkukwento, halata ang pagkakilig.