seven

|Serena|

I pulled up to the house. It was a huge white mansion, and there were multiple cars in the front, and a few motorcycles. Marco took my hand as we walked through the crowds if people.

The room was thick, alcohol and smoke evident. I definitely dressed for the occasion, girls were wearing things a lot alike. I spotted Niccolo and Virginia, standing together and talking with their friends. His eyes darted around the room, like he was looking for someone. He gazed right over me.

I guess I was so different than usual because he didn't even notice me.

|Niccolo|

I was wrapped in some conversation that I didn't want to be in, obviously one that Virgina was chatting away about with Brando. I scanned the room for Serena, I don't know why. My eyes had a mind of their own because my eyes stopped at hers.

My God she was even more beautiful than she was in the picture.

And standing with fucking Marco. Marco. That dumbass wore a tie and shirt, and was he holding her hand?

What the fuck?

|Serena|

I saw Niccolo's gaze and immediately switched direction. He wore something simple, yet why was I looking at him? Marco looked better. So why was I looking at him and feeling some sort of weakness?

Why did I want to pull that blonde bitch out of his grasp and put myself there? Marco wasn't right. Marco was not correct about the whole hookup thing. Niccolo could have anyone in the world and he chose her.

He chose Virginia. She looked good in photos.
Simple.

|Niccolo|

She still had eyes bags, but what did I not care? Why did that add an extra beauty to her? Why. Why. Why?!

I was being driven to insanity.

I saw as Serena talked with Marco. They didn't look good together. Take him out and take me instead. Why could I see us working? Why could I see Serena and I actually being a thing?

Oh God. I'm being stupid. I'm just hallucinating. Yeah. Hallucinating. Maybe it's the lack of sleep. I always have eyes for Virginia. Serena is just that dumb bitch who is obnoxious.

Obnoxiously someone else's.

|Serena|

Marco whispered something in my ear. "He's totally gobsmacked right now." He whispered. "No he isn't. He's finding all the ways I look like a box in this dress". I spat. "You're incorrect and you know it". He whispered back. "Shut up". I stupidly reply, taking his hand as we walked through the crowds.

I walked past Niccolo and his friends, avoiding eye contact. Suddenly, a hand brushed my hip. I froze. Marco turned around, confused on why I stopped walking. I turned to see Brando, smirking wildly. "You should stay here with me, princespa". He whispered.

I was shocked at the sudden move. Niccolo tensed as he looked at him and then me. Marco grabbed my wrist, the same time Niccolo grabbed my hand defensively. Niccolo shot Marco a look. I was frozen. It all happened so fast.

|Niccolo|

Yes. Yes I grabbed her hand. The same time that idiot Marco did as well. She looked at me, her face unreadable. I let go of her hand.

The comment Brando said pissed me off tremendously. I was the only one who could do that. Pick on her like that. Piss her off. "Shove off, Brando". She manages to say through her shock. "Who knew you were so hot under those eye bags and baggy clothes of yours?" Brando continued.

Something in me snapped. "And what do you mean by that, Brando? There's nothing wrong with her". I spat. Serena looked at me, puzzles as of to why I defended her. Why I did that, I don't know. I just couldn't stand her being attacked like that.

Only I could do that.

|Serena|

I looked at Niccolo, puzzled. Why did he defend me? Marco smirked at me. I wanted to tell him to shut up. That he wasn't right. Niccolo just couldn't stand someone else attacking me other than him. Asshole.

But when he grabbed my hand- it was different. Defensively. Why did I want his hand with mine again? Fuck this. I'm just exhausted.

Marco took my hand and walked off. "The two idiots walking away!" Brando spat. "Stop acting all high and mighty, Serena! We all know what happened that night-" Brando says,  Suddenly, Marco snapped. He stopped in his tracks, and turned around past me. He held Brando by the collar. Niccolo looked at me, wide eyed that Brando even knew about it.

"I would choose your next words very carefully, curls". Marco sneered, anger filling his eyes. "Someone's defensive of his little Serena." Brando mocks. Marco shoved him against the wall. "Marco! Get off him!" I say, grabbing Marco by his shoulders. Marco tensed.

"He can't say something like that and get away with it. That's too damn far, even for Niccolo". Marco says, enraged. "He's not worth anything. Let's go". I say ,taking Marcos hand. He looks like he wanted to argue, but he dropped it.

We walked away.

|Niccolo|

That was insane. How did Brando know? Even that was low. I wouldn't ever go that low. Even to Serena. She ripped Marco off Brando, just as I was going in to help. Marco came off easy though, he knows how scary Serena can be if she chooses.

Why is she off with him though? Why can't she stay here with me.