3. sᴀʟᴛ ᴀɴᴅ sᴜɢᴀʀ

[Name] knew Adam would realize they weren't there. They had to play it cool. The went to a cafe nearby the spot they were supposed to be at. They new Adam hadn't checked there, because it was still intact.

They picked up a dirty empty cup and held onto it before flying to where they knew Adam would be waiting for them.

When they came into sight, they saw how Adams face changed.

"Where the fuck were you?" Adam snarled as he gripped their shoulders. [Name] winced.

"I'm sorry.. I figured it would take you awhile.. and I got distracted." [Name] almost hyperventilated.

Adam saw the cup and relaxed his grip. "Fine. But don't do that again. I was worried." He released his grip.

"But.. it's heaven..?" [Name] was confused.

Adam rolled his eyes. ""It's hEaVen!!" You never know. Remember lil-"

"Stop." [Name] frowned, their voice cracking.

"Remember her. Remember how she left us?" Adam snarled.

"Stop!." [Name] backed away. "I'm sorry for- for running off. It won't happen again."

Adam gripped [Name]'s jaw to force them to look up at him. "It better."

He released their face and [Name] rubbed the now slightly bruised area.

Adam grabbed the empty cup, crushed it, and threw it away.

Lute looked back and forth between the two. The few years she'd worked under Adam were.. interesting, but Adam never let her stick around while he was with [Name].

She now knew why.

"You can go now." Adam didn't even look at lute.

Lute made eye contact with [Name]... they seemed so... broken. [Name]'s eyes had a shine to them, like they were on the verge of tears. They were hunched over like a scared dog.

"I said you can go now." Adam glared at lute.

She nodded and flew off. She'd seen Adam murder thousands of sinners, why was this so terrifying?

/

Adam sighed as if he was letting off stress. "RAHHH today was just so.. bleh! You know? Ew." He groaned and leaned on [Name].

[Name] was silent. They felt that if they talked, they would cry.

"[Name]?" Adam finally looked at their face and sighed. "oh shit.. your not like mad or anything, right?"

[Name] couldn't move. Their eyes flooded with more tears than the great flood. At least Noah had an ark.

Adam's face fell as [Name] started sniffling. "Oh no." He stood up, no more leaning, and picked up [Name] from under their arms. "Hey no it's okay.."

[Name]'s crying got louder. The nearby angels looked concerned and weirded out.

Adam cursed to himself and pulled [Name] in for a hug. Shoving their face into his chest to silence them, and because sometimes hugs feel nice when your crying.

[Name] cried onto Adam, and he patted their head. "Hey no, it's fine. You'll know better next time."

"Your.. not.. mad..?" [Name] hiccupped.

"Course not! I was just warning you." Adam said, like it was obvious.

[Name]'s crying slowly came to a stop, and they wiped their tears away. Their eyes were red and puffy. "I'm sorry."

Adam grinned. "It's okay. Now you know not to do it again."

[Name] nodded as Adam put them back on the ground. [Name] felt embarrassed, and now felt like the other angels were judging them. Subconsciously they moved closer to Adam.

Adam held out his hand for [Name] to take, creating a faux sense of control for [Name]. "It's been a long day. Let's go get ice cream."

[Name] grinned and took his hand.

//

[Name] and Adam chilled out on an isolated beach away from others. The two had ice cream, and the night stars shined overhead. The breeze blew softly and the world slowed down.

It was nice.

A quiet noise was heard, and [Name] turned their head to see Adam taking off his mask. He rarely did so Infront of others, but he never had issue in front of [Name].

The two sat down. [Name] sat in the sand, not really minding the feeling, while Adam sat in a beach chair.

[Name] broke the peaceful silence. "Thank you."

Adam raised an eyebrow, "for what?" He meant for what, specifically. He thought he was doing everything right.

"Just.. this." [Name] gestured to everything. "It's nice." They grinned.

It was unusual to see [Name] acting like a normal person, calm, and relaxed, but they wore it well.

Adam grinned. "Course it is." He got up and sat next to [Name]. He played with their hair, something he found relaxing to himself.

[Name] felt the tension disappear. Adam used to do that back in Eden. It reminded them of simpler times. It made them wonder why they were ever stressed, or why Adam ever terrified them.

He was their best friend. Their only friend. The only person that hadn't left them. On Adams end, [Name] was the only person that hadn't left him. They stayed.

[Name] closed their eyes and felt very relaxed. It's like they could hear the sweet melody of the stars, and the lovely lullaby of the moon.

[Name] felt the bruises on their wrist and jaw already start healing. They finished their ice cream and decided to break the nice silence.

"Adam?"

"Yeah?" He hummed.

"Do.. you ever have .. bad dreams?" [Name] opened their eyes to look at him.

Adam raised an eyebrow, and stopped with [Name]'s hair. He cupped their face and stared straight through their soul. "You know.. your my favorite person, right?" He ignored the question.

"..yeah?" [Name] tilted their head. For some reason, this felt familiar.

"And.. I'm your favorite person, right?" Adam asked.

[Name] shoved their discomfort of the oddness down deep, due to the fact it was a good moment. Adam was rarely this nice, but [Name] thought if they stayed around, and did everything he wanted, they'd get more of these moments.

"Of- of course-!" [Name] felt Adams "gentle" grip on their face tighten.

"Then nothing else matters." Adam grinned and pulled [Name] in for a hug. His behavior always threw [Name] off guard.

Adam was using [Name] for support, just like he did thousands of years ago. He had.. a "tough day." and figured he deserved some time with [Name]. Like they were obligated to do this for him.

"Oh.." [Name] didn't think this felt right. But it never felt "right." So it must always be right. Right?

Adam enjoyed the moment. Moving [Name]'s hands go make them play with his hair. He loved that back in Eden. In Adams twisted mind, everything he did was for [Name], and therefore, they belonged to him.

[Name] felt scared to leave Adam. Reality was scary, but the illusions were scarier.