First Date, Kinda Nervous

"What do i wear Sel? I'm so nervous, I haven't been on a first date in forever." Taylor says as she rummages through her closet to find an outfit.

They've been talking none stop since she messaged him. The reality was that Taylor is still on the fence about him. She knows she should be excited and not nervous, but she's just scared to let her guard down.

They spoke over the phone a few times as well, she thinks he's pretty charming and sweet. So she's hoping the date will go by smoothly.

"I don't know, but show off them legs girl." Selena laughed as she went to grab a short black dress from her closet.

"It's not going to be that fancy, we're going to Minetta's. I'm wearing pants. And my granny panties so don't try anything" Taylor scoffed at her best-friend as she started rummaging through her drawers, looking for lingerie. Taylor then snatched the dress out of her hands.

"He rented out the entire restaurant. You promised everyone you would put effort into this date." Selena said as she crossed her arms. "Besides, you spoke for hours on the phone and you hadn't put your phone down for 2 weeks. You shouldn't be nervous."

"You're right." Taylor looked down at the dress in her hands, "It's not him, it's me." She sighed. "Which shoes?"

They started digging through her shoe closet to find a pair of thigh high Christian Louboutin boots and a black Prada shoulder bag.

Selena started to do her makeup as Taylor was painting her nails, she decided to leave it down and straightened it.

"Voila. A brand new woman." Selena said and turned Taylor around to look in the mirror.

"Thank you Sel, i love it. Are you sure it's not too much?" She asked, scrunching her nose.

"You dance in sparkly leotards for almost 4 hours, that's a stupid question." Selena scoffed.

"I know but this is different. I'm overthinking." Taylor sighed and put on her classic red lip.

*Knock Knock*

"Taylor! The car is ready whenever you are!" One of Taylor's security guard shouted from outside the door.

"Okay i'm coming!" She shouted back.

Selena grabbed her and hugged her, "It's going to be great. Please have fun and enjoy yourself." She pulled away and smiled. "Just be yourself, give it a chance."

"Thank you." Taylor smiled back.

She opened the door and started walking towards the car, Travis flew to New York to see her. He knew she would be more comfortable there, plus her favorite restaurant, Minetta Tavern, is there. Which he learned was her favorite from the 3 hour long phone calls.

He wanted to pick her up but she told him it's safer if they met there, she can't go anywhere without her Security.

Travis wasn't nervous for their date, he was more comfortable because the two had already talked. If anyone was nervous, it was his friends and family. Everybody around him kept telling him to not fuck this up.

It's practically a once in a lifetime experience.

He made it to the restaurants 20 minutes early, he wasn't sure if he should wait for her outside or meet her inside. He eventually decided to just wait inside of the restaurant.

He told her to be there at 7 P.M. The longer he waited for her the more the nerves were setting in. She walked in at 7:01, looking as gorgeous as ever.

His jaw was on the floor, literally.

"Hi! How are you!" Taylor smiled and gave him a hug.

He wasn't sure if he should compliment her or not, but he was feeling ballsy.

"I'm great! You look beautiful." Travis smiled and pulled away from the hug.

They both took a seat and Travis had already ordered for them. Dover sole, scallops and baked oysters, her favorite.

Taylor kept note of that. It showed that he actually cared and listened to her.

They laughed, ate, and drank French Blondes and Vodka diet cokes all night.

As much as Travis tried to push past it, he was starstruck. He's on a date with his celebrity crush. Sure, he made the friendship bracelet. But it never felt like it could actually happen.

He thought she was hilarious, witty, and beautiful.

It felt like a match made in heaven.

"Yeah so there's Meredith, Olivia, and Benjamin. And As much as i'm enjoying this date, you will be coming in second. No offense." Taylor joked and took a sip of her drink.

Travis laughed and put his arms up, "That's understandable, no offense taken. "Holy shit it's 12." Travis looked down at his watch. "I wanted to take you to Sundaes best." He sighed.

"It's okay." Taylor grinned, "We can go tomorrow."