PROLOGUE

"Way...?"

He softly called, yet there was no response. The stoic figure sat in its own place, void of any emotions. It was as if he talked to a mannequin, so human like yet no more a human.

Way sat there by the window overlooking the empty garden in the dark, his eyes blank, holding no signs of emotions at all. Pete wanted to scream and yell in frustration yet was forced to control his outbursts, taking in account of Way's state. Tears stung his vision, as he grabbed a fist full of his own hair, tugging at it, feeling desperate yet utterly helpless.

Why? Why? Why him? Why...Way?

"Way," he tried once again, edging closer to the lad, "T-Tony is gone...he's gone. Y-You don't have to deal with him anymore. P-Please come back to me...Pl-Please. I would do anything to make you happy...see s-see! I already am-"

Pete's eyes glistened with tears and even after telling sweet words of reassurance, Pete couldn't see any hopes of positivity in the profound darkness. Way looked as blank as he was before, not changing a jot.

He was pale and placid, dead in the eyes as if he were a zombie, as if, all his emotions, expressions, and human like actions were forcefully snatched away from his hands. He just stared back, with that stoic expression that made Pete go crazier and crazier as every second ticked by.

"E-Everyone in X-Hunter misses you Way," cried Pete desperately, his sanity on the brink of ruination, "Th-They want you back, Alan, Babe, North, Sonic...D-Don't y-you remember them, W-Way? Any of th-them?" A single tear rolled down his cheek.

"Wh-Who are they?" uttered Way said in a soft yet emotionless tone, not bearing an inch of feeling in his voice, "Wh-Who are they? Wh-Who is X-hunter? Wh-Who are you? And-And...what are you always talking about...I don't know...j-just go...leave m-me alone..."

Poor Pete yelled in frustration once again, as Way asked him to leave him alone. He couldn't come in terms with the fact that Way...the Way he knew all along...didn't remember him anymore. All he wanted at that moment was to get back the old Way...the old Way...who was a fantastic racer, a smiling, joyful youth, always laughing and goofing around, making a mess at the garage with his best friend Babe, and celebrating well deserved victories with his team or rather, his family. Pete didn't want to see this Way...who doesn't remember a tad of anything from his own past. He knew, even though they were the reason of why he was this miserable today, he desperately wanted to rewind time and fix everything...everything.

Pete let go of his hair and sagged his arms for a few seconds before looking at Way once again. Tears were threatening to fall once again, so he quickly turned away.

His hands began to twitch as uncontrollable tears came in quick succession from his eyes, rolling down his cheeks, lips quivering simultaneously. Even though Tony was dead and everything was over for the good, it never felt like a victory to him, as, the entire process had made him loose the most important person to him, the person closest to his heart.

"Pl-Please Way...I-I want you back," he mumbled once again, "I-I don't care how long it takes for you to get your memories back, I-I d-don't care. I j-just want you to see you smile again. I am a wreck without you Way, I honestly am. Please come back to me...pl-please." Pete slowly made his way towards Way and carefully wrapped his arms around him, trying to feel any speck of warmth left in that stiffened body. He kept his wrap around him, and continued tugging at him as if he were a lifesaver, even though Way didn't return the hug.

Pete sobbed, muttering series of 'I love you' and 'I'm sorry' over and over again in a pattern, hoping some kind of response from the other...but in vain.

There was no response.

Because he was already dead. Dead on the inside. Void. Completely void.

How?

That's where the story began...years ago...of a forgotten character...a villain.

------------

Excited guys?

Lesss gooo!