CHAPTER 1

"Get your asses up here you hooligans otherwise I'm gonn-"

"Calm down Uncle," said Way, while putting on his racing suit, "You're gonna scare 'em."

"Huh, scared?" scoffed the older, fixing his headphones and mic, "They're scared of me? Honestly Way, if they were scared of me even to the extent of a pinch of salt, I promise I could have managed this garage ten times better. Them being scared? Huh! I can't- Look!Look! Look at those two- YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK THAT CAMERA STAND, YOU TWO UGLY LITTLE DUCKLINGS!"

Way chuckled while putting on his shoes, watching the garage owner drag two boys by their ears from one corner of the garage and then make them stand in front of him. He was fuming.

"What did I say about that stand, hm?" asked Alan, looking furiously  at the culprits.

"Eii Uncleee~ We forgot ours at the condo," whined one of them, "Please let us use this one?"

"Yes! Yes!" piped up the other, making cute puppy eyes, "Please...Please...Pleaseeeee?"

"Last time I allowed you two to use it, you broke it!" cried Alan in frustration, "This time-"

"We won't," came the reply, as both the boys stood in a salute position, "We won't break it, we promise!"

"Hope so," Alan scoffed, as he picked up his laptop and some necessary items, "Now c'mon! The race is about to begin."

"But Babe-"

"Ugh you guys know what he's doing, don't you?" smirked Alan, "Let him do his meditation, c'mon!"

The uproar was furious, as the majestic cars of the two teams were displayed on the track field, getting tested for one last time. Amidst the tumultuous screams of fans and supporters and the simultaneous commentary, the racers made their entry, the dashing youths, determined and strong. Way felt a little nervous, as he approached his car. His eyes fell on Babe's, and he couldn't help but wonder how long he'll take.

"Way?"

No response.

"Way?"

No response.

"Shia! Eii Way!"

A slight hit on his head made him jolt out if his daydream. He quickly whipped his head to his side, only to see Alan standing beside him, looking annoyed as always.

"Honestly speaking Way...your age old 'very secretive' affection for your best friend will never suffice by ogling at his goddamn car if you don't-"

"You know I can't, Alan," Way replied with a sigh, getting on his cap and his helmet, "I'm ok with how it is."

"You're not and I know that," Alan replied, helping the tall boy with his racing gloves, "You never dared to cross the line of friendzone since the day you realised your feelings. It's been ten years that you're hung up on him, Way. You neither confessed nor moved on. Remember one thing, friend. If a car doesn't accelerate, it will never move forward. If you keep driving tardily, it will be nothing but a waste of time. Now good luck!"

Way hummed in response, completing with a sigh. A sudden wave of applause made him look up only to see his best friend, The PitBabe, walking into the track, waving to his fans. Babe came up to his car, and with a quick smile and a high five to Way, put on his equipments and sat inside. The latter took his position too. Soon went the green lights, the flags were waved and then began the race.

It was the usual, Babe being the first, Way coming second. Red Racing was once again foaming with jealousy and anger, and this time Winner didn't even have the chance to lash out on Babe, because, as soon as he emerged out of his car, his mates surrounded him in excitement.