CHAPTER 4

"So...any plans for the next race, Uncle?"

"Nothing much," replied Alan, easing himself on the couch, sipping coffee from his mug, "Just a few repairments here and there. They'll get done by Friday I hope. I'm trusting the mechanics well."

"Don't worry Uncle," Babe reassured, putting down his coffee mug and looking around the garage, "I'm sure our mechanics won't fail us. Besides, since the arrival of that kid, I can assure you, every car has become almost a brand new one. He's really a talented one, I promise."

Alan nodded in response, a faint smile curling up his lips, as he took another sip. The garage was slowly filling up with mechanics and other people, and the hustle and bustle was gradually increasing. Finishing his coffee, Alan stood up from the couch and quickly collected his jacket and car keys.

"Where are you going?" Babe asked.

"Oh, Way didn't tell you?" Alan turned around, facing Babe, "We're going to meet someone today."

"Who?"

"Uh...let it be a surprise, okay?" Alan replied, smiling a bit, "If everything goes according to the plans, then once we come back, we'll tell you everything."

"But what about me? I-"

"You're not going-"

"B-But-"

"Stop whining like a five year old and go practice for the next race. There ain't much time left. Ugh! Where is Way- Oh there he is! Eyy Way c'mere!"

The tall racer made his way into the garage and stood in front of the two. He was plainly dressed, white shirt and black jeans, complete with a black jacket. There wasn't something too lavish about his style, yet the boy looked dashing.

"Whoa! Going to impress someone Way? Looking special I see," Babe remarked, looking at his best friend's attires.

"It's just normal attires, Babe," Alan replied, not understanding why would someone called a shirt and a pair of jeans 'special'.

"No it's not Uncle," Babe began, "First of all, every cloth of his is ironed which is something very uncommon in Way. Second, boy's glowing. Look at his face. It's obvious he did something to it 'cause it's looking brighter than a tubelight! Third, it's not 'just any jacket' that he's wearing. Have you checked it's brand? It's Guc-"

"You know what kiddo," Alan spat, "No time for your bullshit. C'mon Way!"

"B-But what about me?" Babe cried out, quickly standing up from the couch, "Why aren't you both taking me?"

"Babe," Way walked up to his friend, smiling at him, "It's business stuff. You hate business stuff, don't you? So why not focus on your next race? You need to-"

"Yeah yeah I know, stop with your pep talk," Babe grumbled, rolling his eyes, "But I swear Way, you have to tell me everything! Everything that will happen. Otherwise-"

"Yeah yeah I will I will! Now go. Go and practice."

"Mn. Bye."

"Goodbye!"

* * *

"You...You're sweating, Way."

Alan and Way were seated at a couch, enclosed within a luxurious room. It was a cool and a pleasant environment, and the office room seemed spic and span, slightly describing the characters of the owner. Almost an hour had elapsed since their arrival and the person they wanted to meet wasn't available yet. Perhaps...busy?

"I'm not," Way replied hesitantly, trying his best to look away from Alan.

"Ohoo stop lying Way," Alan laughed, "I'm literally sitting beside you and I can see how drenched you are. Gosh. Open that jacket dumbass, you're sweating mad."