Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I don't know what to do. Should I go back there? And just like what I've seen in teleseryes (Filipino TV dramas), should I grab that girl by the hair and confront Jiro? But I can't do that! I'm not the type who likes to fight! What if I just tell Mikan, Selena, and Ariana about this? I'm sure they will look for Jiro and that girl and confront them.

But knowing Mikan and Selena, they're too hot-headed. They might even end up hurting them and we might end up in jail. But maybe they deserve it, they cheated on me. Jiro broke my heart, and thinking about them right now just makes my broken heart even worse. He didn't even try to chase after me.

I kept walking back and forth until Mikan saw me. My heart pounded even harder, and she pulled me to our table. They all know me so well, and among all of us, I'm the easiest to read.

"What's wrong, Kylie? You look tense?" Selena asked, still with a drunken tone. I shook my head because seeing what I saw made me sober up. I quickly grabbed our chaser glass, and without stopping, I filled it with Bacardi 101. It turns out they had ordered a new drink.

As soon as I finished drinking it in one go, when I was about to refill the chaser glass, Selena stopped my hand. "Hey, Kylie, that's not juice, it's alcohol, Auntie! If you keep drinking like that, there won't be a tomorrow! You're already finishing everything! Give it to me, and it's my turn." I got nervous because I thought she would question why I was drinking so much.

I took my shot glass and filled it with the chaser. It was burning in my throat, but luckily they didn't notice much because Ariana and Mikan were busy texting. I wondered who Mikan was texting.

When I looked at Selena, she was looking around aimlessly, as if she was searching for something that wasn't there. For the last time, I filled the chaser glass and drank it continuously. Urgh! It's so hot in my throat, but it's nothing compared to the pain I feel because of Jiro!

I stood up, feeling the effect of Bacardi. My vision was spinning, and I just wanted to sleep. I stumbled as I walked until someone grabbed me by the waist.

"Urgh! Who are you?" I asked him, and slowly I opened one of my eyes, while the other remained closed. He brought his face closer to mine, and I immediately smelled the mint on his breath. It seems like I've smelled this before.

"I'll take you home." I couldn't find the strength to respond because I just wanted to sleep, and then I felt myself being lifted up in the air and woke up only when he set me down on something soft. Ah! Maybe he brought me home.

"I'll take your clothes off, you're sweating." I heard him say, and I don't know where I found the strength to nod. I gradually opened my eyes and saw Jiro!

"Jiro?" I caressed his face, and his face felt rough, probably because of the facial hair starting to grow. I smiled bitterly when he didn't answer me. "Why did you break my heart?" I asked him, followed by tears streaming down my face, but just like earlier, he didn't respond.

"You promised me you'd never break my heart and that no one can break us apart! But you broke it! You broke your promise and broke my heart!" I shouted at him and couldn't help but sob and at the same time punch his chest.

Why does it feel so foreign? It's like I'm punching someone else's chest. He hugged me and kissed the top of my head, comforting me. I suddenly regained my senses with what he did, and I felt so safe that I stopped hitting his chest and hugged him back.

After a while, he sat me on his lap. My vision was getting blurry, and I was already drunk, but I didn't want to sleep. I just wanted to be with Jiro. I think I'm ready. I'm ready to give in, to give in to Jiro. Without hesitation, I kissed him, and then I wrapped my hand around his neck. He immediately kissed me back, but when he did, it wasn't Jiro that came to my mind, but the mystery guy.

To be Continued...