The Curtain Rises

Y/n groans as she rolls onto her side, a small headache forming on the side of her head,"Ugh, what the hell happened?" she whispers as she pushes herself up, shaking her head lightly to clear her vision,"Where... Where am I?" she looks around herself, noting that she's not where she's supposed to be.

Instead, the girl found herself in a dark room bare of anything except a mirror in the middle of the room. There were also dull lights hovering about and small windows near the ground, but she couldn't see anything on the other side of them.

"Hello?" she calls out as she carefully gets up, a hand held protectively over her stomach. She sighs when she hears nothing and takes a step closer to the mirror,"At least I'm not in that damned house." she hisses before yelping when the glass of the mirror lit up with green flames.

"What the heck!?" y/n takes an immediate step back, even more so when a voice speaks up,"Ah, my dear esteemed benefactor... My proud, beautiful flower of evil. You are truly the fairest one of all."

"W-what...?" y/n whispers as she pulls her thick bomber jacket around herself, still keeping an eye on the mirror. Even more so when she hears invisible footsteps behind her, but felt or found no presence of anyone else,"Who's there!?" the girl screams in alarm, however she is left unanswered.

"O magic mirror, thy wisdom I entreat... Reveal unto to me the visage I seek..." the voice trails off and y/n whines when a vision flashes in her mind.

A dark forest...

A carriage pulled by two horses escorted a coffin...

And a castle in the distance...

She gasps as she comes back to the mysterious room she's in as the voice speaks up once more,"You, whose image the Dark Mirror did beckon forth..." it spoke mysteriously before the flames are replaced by a hand reaching out to y/n.

"If your heart bids it, take the hand of the one reflected in the mirror." y/n furrows her brows as he hand rubs her stomach, but ultimately decides to take the hand without hesitation,"Anything to get away from where I was before this." she growls with determination as fire burned within her eyes.

The hand gently encases hers before it's replaced by red fire. Y/n was startled by this, but remains calm since she felt no pain from the flames. Actually, she felt more safe than she ever has before.

"As flame reduces even the stars to ash..." the flames then turns into a big shard of ice, which made y/n let out a shuttering breath at the cold,"As ice seals away even time itself..." Vines then wraps around y/n's hand and wrist,"As great trees swallow even the sky." the mirror then turns black.

"Fear not the power of darkness. Now, demonstrate your power." a bright, greenish light from the mirror blinds y/n as she's surrounded by darkness once more,"Wait, who even are you!?" she calls out before her mind went completely blank, only catching the last few words from the mysterious voice.

"To me. To them. To yourself. The hour grows long, and time is scarce. Keep steady your grip, no matter what may come..." the mysterious voice says as y/n slips from her consciousness.

"Please, just let me protect my kid..."