To the Dwarfs' Mine

The Ramshackle Duo was punished to wash a hundred windows along with another student named Ace Trappola. Unfortunately, he decided to ditch them in favor of returning the Hall of Mirrors and they decided to track him down.

Meanwhile, Ace was strolling down a hallway on his way to his dorm mirror,"Yeah right, like I'm gonna was a hundred windows. I'm just gonna go back and-" he was mumbling to himself before Grim's voice cuts him off,"AHA! GOTCHA, PUNK!" he calls out as he and y/n ran towards Ace,"Oh no! They saw me!" Ace flinches with worry and breaks out into a run,"Stop right there, pal! No fair gettin' a head start! Wait!" Grim shouts and Ace peeks over his shoulder at them,"Who in their right mind would ever wait?! Seeya!" he runs a little faster.

"No way are you gettin' out of this! You think I WANNA wash windows?" Grim whines as y/n starts to pant and slows down,"Damn... This baby ain't making running easy..." she pants as she slows down, though she spots a blue haired boy in the distance,"...Hm?" the boy hums as he turns to the commotion, only to be shoved to the side,"Outta my way!" Ace runs past him as y/n lightly jogs towards the boy.

"Hey! What gives?!" the boy gives him a baffled look,"Hey, stop him! He's ditching his punishment!" y/n shouts as she stops beside the boy,"What? That's not right! But how to stop him? Like, freeze his legs? Or bind them with a rope? Or maybe I could... Hmm... No..." the boy contemplates as he pulls out his Magical Pen while y/n takes steady breaths to ease her nausea.

"I don't care how! Just do something! Anything!" Grim snaps at the boy, who flinches a bit,"Anything?! Anything, huh... All right! Here goes anything!" he nods as he lifts his pen up in Ace's direction,"I summon thee... something heavy!" he casts a spell that mare a cauldron fall on top of Ace, pinning him to the ground.

"Bwaaah?! Wha?! A pot?!" Ace sputters with shock as he wiggles under the heavy object,"Ah ha ha ha ha! Look, y/n, look! That Ace guy got crushed beneath a giant cauldron! It squashed him flat! Aha ha ha! That's what you get!" Grim cackles as he rolls onto his back and kicks his hind legs.

"A cauldron?! I wasn't expecting that. I may have overdone it this time..." the boy sweatdrops, but y/n shakes her head,"No, no. I think that was done just right." she says reassuringly and the boy immediately recognizes her as the pregnant girl,"Are you okay? You look really exhausted! Do you want some water!?" he frets and y/n spares him a smile,"I'll be fine, just need to catch my breath." she replies as she and the boy made their way over to Ace.

"Owwww! What are you bothering me for? You guys coulda just banged out the work yourself!" Ace whines with an angry pout,"You dummy! There's no way a monster cat and a girl can wash a hundred windows on their own! Besides, the Headmage assigned this punishment to you, too." y/n scolds him as she pinches the ginger's cheek.

"You have to wash a hundred windows as punishment? What the heck did you do?!" the boy was flabbergasted to hear this as Ace gets himself out from under the cauldron,"I was just screwing with that furball a little." Ace says and y/n raises a stern brow at him which made him slump his shoulder,"...Okay, and the statue of the Queen of Hearts got a teeny bit charred. Sue me." he confesses with crossed arms.

"You damaged a statue of the Great Seven?! No wonder he flew off the handle at you! After you managed to get into THIS school, how could you get in trouble on the very first day?!" the boy's eyes practically bulges out of his head at the news.

"Oh, shut up. Who are you, anyway?" Ace gives the boy an annoyed look,"My name is Deuce. Deuce Spade. Don't you remember your own classmate? Uh..." the boy, Deuce questions with a raised brow, but even he doesn't recall Ace's name,"You don't remember my name either, do you?" Ace gives Deuce an unimpressed look.

"That's not the point! You shouldn't try to shirk an order from the headmage! And you shouldn't make a pregnant woman run! It makes them sick!" Deuce scolds and Ace spares y/n a guilty look, but shrugs his shoulders,"Yeah, yeah, message received... Fine, let's bang out the windows already." he says as he approaches y/n, but noticed something off,"Huh...?" he looks around for anything missing and y/n realized something was off as well.