its show time!>_•

A/N: eek Pilby chapter :D

wahuhoo I am not redeaing ober this so dont ooint out mistakes or inconsistencies or anything or I'll cry!!!

//

Pilby stood in their changing room, nervously trying to style or change their hair in some way.
a soft knock came from outside.
"oh- uhm- come in.. honk..!" they forced a smile to hide their nervousness and turned to the door.
"you're on in five." Mach opened the door and leant on her hammer, reading over a timetable she held in her hand. "good luck. Are you scared?"
Pilbys bottom pair of arms nervously folded and they shook their head, looking back at the mirror.

Mach looked up from the timetable and sighed, "you'll do good. You always do." She stepped in and pat Pilby on the shoulder.
"mhm.. I'll try, anyway! :o)" Pilby nodded to Mach, who only smiled back.
"gotta go, just head on when its your cue. Or.. dont.. it'd be sort of funny to see the confusion on everyones faces.." Mach turned away and smiled as if remembering something.
"I think I'll just stick to being on time.. honk.. :o)" Pilby snickered and brushed Machs hand off.

Mach turned back to them, she spun her hammer around in her hand and leant it on her shoulder. "alright, well I should take my leave now." She checked over the timetable again and exited the dressing room, but before she left she said a quick "good luck."

Pilby waved a goodbye and turned back to themselves, sighing softly and mentally preparing themselves to go on stage.

-

for most of the performance, Pilby had been looking out for their friends in the audience, but couldn't spot anyone.
That was until it was a juggling act, they kept glancing and looking, until they spotted a familiar green face in the crowd.
They let out a quick, excited gasp, and stumbled, causing the juggling balls to drop on their head.

Mach quickly noticed and pulled them off stage.
"what was that.. are you okay?" She pulled Pilby into the left wing, checking their head for an injury.
"they came! Mach, one of my friends came!" Pilby bounced up and down slightly.
Mach moved her hand away from Pilbys head and thought for a moment, "just one? Is it that Banana girl?"

Pilby shook their head, Peeking out the curtain as the cover act began.
"Gnarpy! honk.. that Alien I was telling you about :o) I think we're friends..!" They turned back to Mach with a smile, noticing that she was now typing something on her phone.
"what're you-..?"
"giving your friends a nice message."
Pilby noticed it was not, in fact, Machs phone. It was theirs. "oh.. like what..? :o("
Mach turned the phone to Pilby:
'you all suck if the only person to go to Pilbys show is that annoying Alien, get over yourselves and get over here. Dicks.'
"WHAT?! you cant send tha—"
"sent."
"..."
"now you can go back on in 10, right?" Mach smiled and tossed Pilbys phone back to them, they stumbled to catch it but quickly typed in a new message:
'I'm sorry Im. so sorry that was Mach, its okay that only Gnarpy came !!!!! :oD you dont have to go itd be embarrassing if you came in late hah its os kkaoay its okay im sorry'

Pilby sent the message and rushed into their dressing room once more, hands trembling in fear of people getting mad at them over the message Mach had sent.

meanwhile, Gnarpy impatiently sat in the audience, whispering to a member of the crowd, "what happened to the wo— Pilby?? I only came to zupport a follower and—"

"can you be quiet? I'm watching the show."

".. how dare you. How very dare you talk to your gnarpian overlord like that?!" xey hissed, ready to start an argument, but was pulled back by the person sitting next to them.
"calm down.. Jeez if I knew this is how it'd be I'd be.. probably sleeping right now!" Gregoriah whispered, nudging Gnarpys arm.
"you're late. I had to zave your zeat from a child." Gnarpy scowled and shuffled away from Greg.
"save it?? from a child? Gnarpy, what?"