Wednesday, August 14th

Dear Appa,

Guess who got promoted today? Your pretty daughter, of course! Say hello the the newest junior concierge of Dewi Resort!

Kiwan and I are celebrating tonight. He promised to cook a big feast for us, and I'm very excited! When you get this letter, I hope you pop open a bottle of champagne for me. Or eat something you really like.

Appa, have you ever felt scared when it seems that life has been so good to you? Kiwan and I don't have much, but we're both so happy that I don't ever feel we need anything more. Of course there are days when we'd argue over trivial things, but we never really stay annoyed at each other for too long. He's very patient with me, and I know you know how difficult that could be. Some days I wake up to little flower bouquets he's made from strips of paper. And on nights when I have to stay at the resort late, he makes sure I come home to a good, hot meal. 

I know that I'm still lacking a lot and I have a lot to learn at being a good partner to him, but I do my best to make him feel loved, too. Not with my cooking (yet), though. I do want to give him a lot of things, but food poisoning is not one of them.

Sometimes I ask him how he feels about us and our little life here together, and he says he's perfectly content and happy. 

And yet somehow I feel like something's going to go wrong.

You're probably laughing now as you're reading this. I know because I am. And if I tell Kiwan about this, I think he's going to laugh too.

Save for me overthinking things, life has been good. Are you doing well over there as well, appa? I was serious when I said I wish you could visit us sometime. Our house may not be huge, but we have room for you here if you decide to spend Christmas in a warmer part of the world.

With all my love,
Marie