Chapter 10 | Emma - Barfield

∆∆∆

This chapter have really sensitive/dark themes, sexual content, explicit sex, drug (including alcohol) abuse, and extremely inappropriate language/slurs... This chapter might be triggering.

∆∆∆

I wanted to let loose, and I really did. I wanted to grab her stupid chin and kiss her stupid lips until she gasped for air and she forgot that stupid pet name. She would look so fucking sexy in the candlelight of the bedroom, hips lurching as she pounded me into the bed. I wanted to drive her crazy the way she did to me. But even more than that, I wanted her hands to keep caressing my skin. I wanted to fall asleep peacefully, without the spiral of doubt I usually had. I wanted to feel my body relax under her touch the way I already did.

"Yes," I found myself whispering.

"I want...I need to forget everything and relax." My voice was so different from usual, less confident.

"Then let me help you," she said, her words barely a breath against my ear.

"I can give you what you need. There was some massage oil by the bed."

My heart lurched in my chest. I had seen it too, but I noticed Jenna conveniently left off the rest of the label: sensual massage oil for intimate evenings. Surely that wasn't her intention, especially after seeing me cry and whine about how hard my ex-billionaire lifestyle was.

"I'm not asking for a happy ending." I found myself trying to draw lines, trying to make this okay.

"I know," she said, in a tone usually reserved for placating the unreasonable. But her hands kept pressing into my body, and I knew I was going to agree. I nodded, and I felt her grin against my cheek. It brought a smile to my face as well. Shit. This was a bad idea.

Jenna stood up, offering a hand and pulling me to my own feet. I followed her into the bedroom, doubt ringing around my head like an alarm bell. Those damn electric candles were still on, and with Jenna's hand pulling me forward, I felt a rush of endorphins as she led me toward the bed. God dammit. I could not have planned this better if I'd been trying to seduce her.

Jenna gestured towards the bed. "Go on, get under the sheets, and take your shirt and pants off." My breath caught in my throat. I caught a smile from Jenna as she dug through the basket of oils and lotions.

"Okay, fine, I can give you the same courtesy you gave me. You don't have to change in front of me." A grin played on her lips as she turned her back to me, and I remembered the same uncertain expression I must have worn right now on her face when I told her to strip for that picture.

I could be an adult about this. It was just a massage.

I pulled off my shirt and pants, folding them neatly and placing them off the side of the bed on the raised platform that made the frame. I hesitated for a second about my bra, but I took it off too, stacking it with my clothes. Only my underwear stayed on. I brushed the rose petals off the bed, my face burning. Then I slid under the covers, inching down until I lay comfortably on my stomach.

"Okay," I called uncertainly. Jenna turned around, giving a quick businesslike glance at my shape under the sheets. She strolled to the back of the bed and out of my line of sight. My heart jumped into my throat when I felt the bed adjust under her weight. A hand landed on my ankle, rubbing gently before disappearing. Then two solid weights were on either side of my legs.

"Do you mind if I sit on you?"

I gulped. "What?"

Jenna laughed softly. "So that I can reach your back better. Do you mind if I put my weight on you?"