Four

GRACE'S POV:

About a week and a half has gone by since me and Charlotte last spoke. We have been quite literally ignoring and avoiding each other. I know that what I said hurt her, and no excuse will ever undo what I said, but I was just feeling so many emotions at the same time. And anger was the one that lead them all.

I can't say I'm over mom's death, I'll never get over it. It's not something I can just forget. It'll always follow me wherever I go, but I can say that I do feel better than I did the first week after finding out. I try not to think about it, even though it would be best to think everything through, so I can feel better. But it hurts too much, I know I'm not strong enough.

Dad has already come back from his business trip, even though it doesn't feel like that. We don't see each other often, and I couldn't be happier about that. Everything else is going fine, well except for... the situation with Charlotte.

I don't even know why I even said that to her. I guess, I did want to be alone at that moment, but it came out so wrong. I was an asshole, I admit it.

Today is already Saturday and the day is coming to an end. I haven't done anything productive and I hate myself for that. But I'll let myself off this time, since yesterday me, Aurora and Lucas hung out and I got back very late.

After school finished we went to Mcdonald's to eat and then we went to an amusement park, which is where we spent most of our time. We went on so many rides and played so many games which made me so tired, that I fell asleep on my way home, thank God Aurora woke me up, since she was the one who drove me back.

Ah! I should go outside for a walk, since I can't rot in bed all day. I get ready and put on my favourite black leather jacket. As I'm making my way downstairs I see dad. The fuck he's doing here so early? He usually comes back at like 9PM. He is sitting on the couch and reading something. To take a better look on what he is reading, I go down a few steps.

Oh.

He's reading the letter my mom wrote me.

Oh, God. This is bad, really really bad. How the hell did he even find it? Was he snooping through my room?! When did he even do it? I was practically in bed all day, and he was at work. It must've been when I was getting ready in the bathroom just now.

I quickly run up the stairs and back to my room. I check the spot I was hiding it in, and it's gone! He really was reading mom's letter. I hear footsteps. He's coming upstairs..! This is not good. It's too late to run away.

He enters my room with the letter in his hand. "What is this, Grace?" He's really angry. I've never seen him like this.

"A letter..." I reply with a shaky voice. I'm so screwed.

"For how long have you exactly had it?" His voice is full of pure rage.

"Since last Monday."

"You better not believe the shit she wrote about me. She's a pathological liar!" He shouts really fucking loud.

*TW ABUSE*

He slaps me. That was the hardest slap I've ever gotten from him. He starts slapping me repeatedly, and then punches my face. Ouch, that really hurt. My nose starts bleeding. What if he broke it?!

I try to run away but he grabs me by the wrist, roughly.

"You're not going anywhere!"

He punches me in the stomach. Gosh, that fucking hurt! The sharp rings on his fingers cut through my shirt. I can feel blood running down my stomach. He has never hit me this hard before, I'm going to die today for sure.