Nine

GRACE'S POV:

My eyes open and the first thing I take notice of, is my pounding head. It hurts so fucking bad.

I lightly rub my eyes and memories start coming back of me drinking last night. Bad idea. I really should stop before I get addicted to alcohol like my dad.

I look around and then realise that I'm not at home. I panic a little before calming down.

Seeing that Charlotte is not next to me, I make an assumption that she's in the bathroom. I must get out of here. God knows what I did while I was drunk, and how the heck did I even get here?! And why here of all places?

As if it couldn't get any worse, I realised that I'm not in my own clothes.

Fuck.

Looking around, I spot my jeans with my sweater on a chair next to a table. I grab them and quickly change.

I rush out of the room and run downstairs, hoping I don't see Charlotte. I'll just text her later to not be rude.

The moment I run downstairs, I spot her in the kitchen, making pancakes.

She looks so cute.

Her head turns to look at me. Shit.

"Good morning." Charlotte smiles.

"Morning." I mumble lost in the daze.

Quickly snapping back into reality, I force out a little smile and come towards her.

"I'm really sorry, but I have to leave in a hurry." I say and walk towards the outside doors.

"Oh, okay. Don't have time even for breakfast?" She asks. I can hear the disappointment in her voice.

Without looking at her, I put on my shoes and before leaving I say one last thing.

"I'm leaving." I mutter coldly and leave the house.

I quickly grab my phone and call Lucas to pick me up. I send him the address and wait for ten minutes.

As soon as he pulls up, I get in.

"Whose house were you at?" He asks confused.

"Charlotte's. I don't even want to know what happened last night." I quietly answer his question.

"Oh right. You and Aurora were drinking. Well you do become a bit impulsive once drunk."

"You're not helping me!"

"Alright alright. And what do you think you did that's got you so panicked?"

"I don't even want to know. I woke up in her clothes."

"Grace, calm down. She's your teacher, I'm sure she wouldn't do anything to you even if you insisted on it. You're seventeen and she's an adult."

That calmed me down a little bit. But still, I don't really remember much of last night. God knows what I did.

"Then how do you explain me waking up in her clothes?"

He chuckled slightly before answering.

"Just be happy you didn't wake up naked. For all I know she could've just dressed you in more comfortable clothes to sleep in. Be grateful."

I hummed and crossed my arms.

"Can we go to your place? I don't want to go home." I ask him.

"Okay. Do you want me to pick up Rora as well?"

"I don't mind."

"Alright. Text her that we'll pick her up in about eight minutes."

"If she's even awake." I mumble and text my friend.