seven.

AN: I did not edit this well at all. Sorry for such a delay!

I walked into Birmingham's for practice, head hung low as I did

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I walked into Birmingham's for practice, head hung low as I did. Locking the door behind me, I sighed, chest feeling heavy with anxiety. Nothing had gone how I hoped this week, I didn't know if it ever would; my faith in this Percy Maddox fight slowly slipping through the cracks. I peeked up, scanning the bar for Jacob but he was nowhere in sight, probably in the basement chatting with Brad.

Pulling up my gym bag on my shoulder, I made my way down the stairs, skipping every other one to get down quicker. My foot met the bottom floor, eyes shifting to the ring, expecting my friends, but instead, there she was.

Emilia.

My eyes narrowed under furrowed brows, dropping my bag off on a bench as I made my way over to the ring where she stood, leaning against the ropes. Her eyes glanced up at me, a soft nervous smile on her beautiful face. She stood up straight, kicking her foot back gently before blowing out air.

"So I don't come with gifts, but I have a pretty good apology up my ass," she shrugged and no matter how strong I wanted to be, I laughed, head shaking. I walked over, slipping under the rope and in the ring, standing tall next to her. Her eyes moved to mine, her arms wrapping around my waist, face in my chest. A surge of sudden relief filled my body, arms wrapping her into me, lips pressing into the top of her head.

"I'm really sorry, Harry. I really am. I know I was in the wrong, I just do everything by the book; but above all I hate being lied to," she sighed, pulling away slightly to place her chin on my chest, hooded brown eyes peeking up at me.

"It was never intentional, pretty girl, I promise it wasn't. I just didn't know how to go about being honest," I said, my hand moving to brush through her hair.

"I know. I just didn't expect my feelings to be this involved, so quickly. That's why I got so worked up, I didn't realize how much I had started liking you until I was upset with you. I kept wondering why it mattered so much to me, and that's why, because I really really like you," she swallowed, pressing her forehead to my chest.

"I like you too, Emilia, so much. I'll be better, okay? I promise. I'm going to win this upcoming fight, impress Percy Maddox, and sign a big contract. It'll be everything I need to start living a better life."

She looked at me again, "Who's Percy Maddox?"

"Only the biggest name in boxing management. He makes champions. Gets the biggest sponsors. He just...he can set you up for life," I said, letting go of her. I ran my fingers through my hair, tugging at the strands.

"Is he going to be at your next fight?" She asked, wrapping her elbows on the top rope, letting her body relax against it.

"He was at my last fight, he's hosting this one specifically for me, to see how I measure up to a boxer of his choice. I would love to win, that's the goal, but overall I have to show off my skill set. I have to show that off more than win the fight. If he thinks I'm good enough, he'll sign me, take Louis and Brad with me. It would be a literal dream, Em."

eight count | h.s. | au |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें