0 6 ; soren

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

   HE FLIPS THROUGH THE PAGES OF HER ENCYCLOPEDIA. He trails his fingers over A. Then T. O. M. I. C. S. U. P. E. R. N. O. V. A. and then he is back at the start again, fingers red and raw, because that is how his head feels and how his heart feels, like an atomic supernova, bursting at the seams into colour and words and actions and little bits of poetry and over things. He smiles softly, like the moon's rays that are a river of silver and a quiet sigh echoes from somewhere. Immediately, ire fills his pretty eyes. Who the fuck-? And then it's Edith.

"Piper's not coming today," she says quietly, eyes turning stony. "Why?"

"How the hell should I know?" he asks, absentmindedly tracing  "ATOMIC SUPERNOVA" again and again until his fingers are blistered and raw. "How the hell should I know?" he repeats again and again, frustrated. "There's always something up with her. She's depressed, depressed, depressed, all the time, twenty-four seven, and I know that it's not right but-" he pauses and shakes his head, "No, no, no."

There is silence. Quiet, intimidating silence. His fists clench. Her eyes soften. A quiet cough is heard from someone in the library. Then, she says, "You have to tell her."

"I can't-"

"You have to. If she finds out the wrong way- Soren, she'll lose you, and-" Edith's voice cracks. Her eyes flicker away from his face and her heart shatters. He can see it in her eyes. "She'll lose you like I lost Edward. I don't want to lose you- please, she doesn't want to either. What if Lucifer comes back and-" It cracks again. She repeats again, again, "Please, please."

Seconds pass. His heart smashes at her words. Her figure is hunched and sad. Her eyes are burning with tears. She looks away. She grabs his hand.

"Find her," she says and leaves and he holds onto those words that linger in the air.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

"ATOMIC SUPERVOVA" BURNS IN HIS MIND AS HE PRESSES HER BUTTON BESIDE THE HAND-WRITTEN, WORN NAME SCRIBBLED IN HER SCRIPT. It blocks his mind and seeps through his eyes and tears through his face like a scar as he pulls his legs up the stairs again and thinks Oh, deja vu as he knocks on the door.

She is ok today, and, again, she calls, "Coming!" again, but there is another voice, and his muscles clench because he thinks, Who the fuck is she? but no one replies. Piper opens the door and it's their first meeting all over again. Again, reading glasses rested on her petite nose but different ones, blue flecked with what looked like gold paint. How many did she had? he had asked himself over and over, smiling softly.

   "Hey," she mumbled, turning her head away and staring at the crack on the door that had splintered since Soren grabbed it. She flushed and turned back to him. "Uh-hey- uh, I just-I just have a guess, so we can't go out together, sorry, another time- sorry, bye," she blurts out and slams the door in his face. A piece of wood tumbles, another hangs off the edge and Soren leaves instantly, running like the ground makes his bones burn and throb. He runs and his shoulders throb and he wants to fly away, skin burning, eyes wet. He clenches his fists.

   Rain begins to tumble from the sky, clouds covering up the sapphire blue, a small window of blue showing through. It is like the sky gasps and the rain is her tears. Soren is a bitter storm as he runs, eyes shut, shoulders flaming, mouth wide open, gasping. He is a force to be reckoned with as he screams, but no one can hear over noise, noise, noise and, oh, why, why, why is his breath short as he climbs up a building, any building, pulling his body up the stairs, running, running, running. He can't breathe- why can't he breathe?- and, oh, those chains that pull him down-

Embarrassment. Despair. Anger. Defeat. Why did the dawn bring him here? Why? Why did he just meet Piper, but, oh, he still feels as if he has known her forever?

The sun sets. The night bleeds. He is still on the rooftop when he lets out a scream. It is so, so, so raw and it makes his throat, his voice, harsh and sad. No one flinches and the world is still because everyone knows why. He does not just simply project his voice until it is raw and angry, but he speaks words, real, real, real words that have meaning. He is only a hundred metres away from her house- heck, he can see it from here. She knows, oh, she knows what he just said and she stay silent. He feels her, he feels her motions her body and then hot splodges on her cheeks. Tears.

Because he screams so loudly, with such passion that his mind spins and he cannot see straight. And he can only think Piper.

Piper, Piper, Piper-

He has to get to her.

He has to tell her.

Comfort her.

See her.

Save her.

-Piper, Piper, Piper-

She knows.

-Piper, Piper, Piper-

He needs to tell her.

-Piper, Piper, Piper-

He needs to tell her.

He runs again- but towards her, because she is spun into his brain like string to a tapestry. He wants to scream and break his head off and cry, cry, cry, but he has no energy. He collapses to the floor and wishes that he could just talk to her.

Does he feel heartbreak? Or is it just the fact that blood is rushing to his head like a river that thunders and rumbles and screams?

He does not go to her house.

He does not return to her.

He goes to the library

He runs to Edith and inks his fingers with black and blue pens and draws stars with pens until there is a full universe on his fingertips and palms and it stretches towards his arms but he cuts it off and he stops scribbling furiously with pens that remind himself of her and when they first met. He scrubs his hands until they are raw and painful to the touch. Then, he goes to bed, silent.

   His luminous blue eyes do not ever close.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

note :
...