𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐁𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

girl on fire | Alicia Keys

❝looks like a girl, but she's a flame
so bright, she can burn your eyes❞

Daenerys's tinkling laughter echoed through the Red Keeps halls as she ran. Her footsteps were light and easy as she hurriedly sprinted away.

Her elaborate braids came loose as she moved. A mischievous smirk painted on her angelic feature, a smirk that many would say resembled the rogue princes down to the little details.

Rumors flooded the keep, rumors that spoke of the crimson queen's fiery disposition that bore certain resemblance to the long famed exiled princes. Her love for weaponry and strong bond with her black beast had only been matched with his and Caraxes.

So caught up in her thoughts, she didn't notice the person she ran into.

Ser Griffith Goode, name after his ancestor who served Aegon the conqueror stared down at her - and curse her short 6-year-old height - with a certain amusement.

"Ah" he mused, "and pray tell, where are you going Princess" he questioned, eyes crinkling together as he struggled not to smile.

Daenerys drew herself together, the picture of confidence, "I was simply making my way to the dragon pits, Ser Griffith, my mother allowed it" she says smoothly, not fumbling over her words, the very image of innocence.

The older man eyes gleam with mirth "is that so little princess?"

Daenerys gave him an offended look, as if the idea of her lying was so bewildering to even think about, (it wasn't).

She opens her mouth to speak - "PRINCESS" comes the screechy voice of the Septa she loathed.

Ser Griffith raised an eyebrow, glancing once more at her small form, "allowed huh?"

Daenerys flushes, glaring at him "Oh shut up" comes the fiery hiss, her loyal king's-guard only snickers in response.

He quickly ushers her away, still snickering much to her chagrin.

"So, what'd you do to get her this angry, I've never heard her irritated enough to yell at the favorite daughter of Viserys" he says teasingly, eyes sparkling.

Daenerys scoffed dismissively "I barely even insulted her, all I told her was that I would never use embroiderer anything useful, that only woman with no lives become septa and the reason that she is unmarried is because she is so unlikeable, people would rather let their family's legacy perish than marry her".