𝐒𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐧

Love & War | Yellow Claw, Yade Lauren

❝if all is fair in love and war
i can't do this anymore❞

She was falling.

Plummeting really.

The air whipped around her, screaming, and raging as Daenerys fell. It whispered of treachery and betrayal.

Drogon dived next to her, his monstrous black form far larger than she remembered. His scales seemed to glow in the sinking light of the sun, his wings curled around his body as he dived towards her.

The endless expanse of water laid below her, approaching at a rapid pace.

Drogon's body was nearing closer and closer, his wicked red eyes focused intently on her. The crystalline water was almost upon her now, its surface tempting and bright.

The powerful beating of her dragons leathery wings roused her from her trance as his body descended next to her.

Rallying the last of her strength she grasped his fins that protruded from his scaly back and pulled her body close to his.

The were now diving together, mimicking the way the way a rider would – just more dangerous, there was no way out, a mistake here would mean her death.

They were plummeting fast, still in their dangerous nosedive. Drogon scaly head was on the verge of meeting ocean before his wings curled, barely lifting his massive body. He let out a triumphant screech, the tips of his wings skimming the water as it explodes around them, reaching high in the air before falling once more, dousing Daenerys thoroughly.

She lets out a breathless laugh, grinning at Drogon who lets out a joyful warble in response.

Two large draconic figures descend from the sky in unison, green and white, spiraling down, Viserion – her lovely girl – much more elegantly than her brother. Viserion's tail comes out to playfully flick at Rhaegal's who roars in response.

Daenerys watches, grinning as she does, as her missing beasts tussle teasingly in the air, snapping their jaws to one another. Drogon, reaches his head, extending his neck to ram his head lightly into Rhaegal's underbelly. The movement nocks him into his sister as the fight once more – Daenerys laughter – light and bright in a way it had never been – echo in the empty space.

And for the first time in a very long time, Daenerys feels happy, truly happy. The kind of happy that sends shivers down your back. The bubbling kind that makes you feel like a child once more.

Her eyes snap open, violet irises glowing harshly in the dark. Her chest heaves with exertion, sweat dripping off her forehead.

A dream, it was dream.