Chapter Nine: Polygamy Doesn't Seem Like A Bad Idea

You all know I love including Cannes when it's Monaco weekend in my stories 😉

Enjoy!

*****

At a young age, I was taught to dream big and that meant never settling for anything less than I deserved. I dreamed of winning championships and taking home trophies that I could place on the shelves in my room. I dreamed of being a successful driver who would hopefully break records. I dreamed of being known for my talent on the track and that I wasn't someone you should underestimate.

I also dreamed of dressing up with beautiful dresses and feeling pampered. I had dreams of being a princess which changed to being a queen when I got older, if I'm being honest. I dreamed of showing people that girls were capable of doing the same things as boys and maybe even better. I dreamed of a life where I could be both and I never expected I'd be living it.

"That dress is..." I trailed off, not being able to form the words as my eyes raked down on the piece of fabric. Dom knocked on my door this morning while I was having brunch, three people standing behind him. One of them was carrying a zipped up clothes bag plus a small suitcase which I found out held some shoes and jewelry.

"It's by Oscar De La Renta." The stylist, Beatrice, said as she stood beside me, a huge grin on her face.

My jaw dropped as I turned to her before looking back at the dress. "Never in a million years did I expect I'd be wearing a dress like that." This is a designer dress and knowing I'd be walking on the red carpet in it in a few hours felt unreal.

"When you have the right connections, you can get any dress you want." She winked before walking to the dress and running a hand over it. "Besides, the current CEO was more than eager to dress the only female F1 driver this season. He's always believed that no matter what kind of work you have, women should always feel beautiful."

"He's right about that." I mumbled to myself, feeling myself smile.

I spent about two hours sitting in front of the mirror they've set up in the room as Gelo applied makeup on my face and Mia stood behind me and fixed my hair into sleek waves with the sides pinned. The four of us talked casually about who they've seen in the hotel we were staying in, but the nearer they were to finish, the more nervous I got.

I'm not a stranger to cameras since we have them almost every race weekend, but I knew walking the red carpet was different. There were going to be a lot more journalists and I was sure the amount of cameras would be twice as much compared to what I'm used to. I'm just thankful that I'd have Saint there with me because if I did this alone, I'd be shitting myself.

Beatrice helped me slip into the white off-shoulder dress, before hovering a few of the jewelry pieces she brought in front of me to see which ones matched best. She ended up giving me a set that I was sure cost more than my annual salary, the matching earrings and necklace on full display because of my neckline. There was a slit on my left leg which showed the simple heels I was wearing. The dress was just the right length when I finally wore the shoes, and I couldn't help but smile at the finished look. The blue flowers flowing all throughout the dress was my favorite because it made the look more elegant despite not being too much.